Senior Government Affairs Associate
This posting is for a Senior Government Affairs Associate position with a small, boutique, non-partisan government affairs firm.
Active Policy Solutions (APS) was formed 10 years ago to provide special expertise to clients in social change, government relations, and advocacy initiatives. We provide representation in numerous practice areas with a specific concentration in education, youth development, health and fitness, sports and physical activity, and civil rights.
The Senior Government Affairs Associate will support the Principals at Active Policy Solutions in representing our clients at the federal and state level by helping plan and taking part in legislative and administration initiatives, meeting with government and other organization officials on behalf of clients, and other tasks related to maintaining the firm’s relationships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support government affairs initiatives for assigned clients which includes:
- Supporting execution of government affairs representation plans for clients
- Planning, coordinating, and scheduling meetings with government and organization offices to introduce our clients, build relationships, and advance other objectives, including policy matters
- Building and maintaining professional relationships with government and organizational contacts
- Developing talking points and leave behind materials to use in stakeholder meetings for our clients
- Attending and reporting on events, primarily in Washington, DC
- Keeping informed about issue areas and events within the scope of APS and our clients
- Supporting client visits and client events, including Hill days, demo’s, and briefings
- Conducting research in support of legislation and policy positions
- Preparing reports and memos to clients on activities
- Perform special projects and other tasks as assigned by the Principals
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study with 3-5 minimum years’ experience in public policy, government relations, or related field and 1 year minimum working on Capitol Hill
- Federal and/or state legislative and/or administration experience a strong bonus
- Looking for a position and employer to grow with over at least the next 3 years
- Excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Excellent public speaking and interpersonal skills; need to be able to effectively work a room and make connections and relationships; a people person
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop complex plans and programs to advance broader agendas
- Self-motivated and ambitious, detail oriented
- Ability to work well alone and in a team environment
- Be available to regularly be in DC, particularly Capitol Hill
- Able to work remotely, including having own laptop computer with up-to-date Office suite software
- Full-time employment position
- Work from home
- Expectation of advocating on Capitol Hill 2-3 days/week, as COVID-19 conditions permit
- Salary and benefits
- Beginning salary range of $55,000 to $70,000, depending on experience
- Health care
- Holidays and vacation time
Interested applicants should email their cover letter, salary requirements, resume, and three references to Terri Lakowski at TLakowski@ActivePolicySolutions.com.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Active Policy Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job posted: 2021-07-13