Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Government Affairs Associate
The Government Affairs Representative with PPG is responsible for supporting the Government Affairs director on all local, state, federal and international government relations! This includes both direct and indirect lobbying on certain policy issues critical to the company. This person will work closely with trade associations, and other membership organizations that the company supports!
- Develop and advocate policy positions on issues critical to the company at the local, and state level of government.
- Work directly with and provide support to the GA Director on federal, and international policy efforts and economic incentives.
- Understand sophisticated policy issues on matters crucial to the company and articulate the company’s position in a clear and concise manner to elected leaders.
- Provide weekly updates to GA Director on all matters related to policy, economic incentives and PPG PAC matters.
- Support and implement actions of the PPG PAC Director and Executive Committee: ;Coordinate and represent PPG at events for elected officials when the PPG PAC is encouraging.
- Build presentations when vital for GA items and PPG PAC Related materials.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in public affairs, government relations/public policy, marketing or related business field.
- Proven experience working in the government; government relations; external relations; or other related field in a corporate setting.
- Ability to travel 50% or more domestically.
- Experience with campaign fundraising is preferred. Experience lobbying legislation at the state level.
- A strong understanding of the legislative process and all legal and ethical requirements for lobbying.
- Must exhibit trust and a high standard/practice of business ethics.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company.. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are “One PPG” to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity please see attached links:
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-09-04