Senior Government Consultant III
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position. Candidates can be remote or based in the Phoenix, Atlanta or Minneapolis office:
Senior Government Consultant III
What can you expect?
- We specialize in assisting government-sponsored programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services. We bring the best critical thinkers forward in helping our clients address their issues
- The Senior Government Healthcare Financial Consultant partners with state governments to examine financial reports in order to understand emerging Medicaid health care experience as well as the financial performance of managed care organization and interacts with credentialed actuaries and financial executives to ensure Medicaid dollars are being utilized efficiently
- This role provides you with an opportunity to work in a team environment to ensure client recommendations contain multiple points of view
- Beyond the in-depth training provided, new employees are included on client teams immediately, providing unique opportunities to learn more while helping team members with critical workloads and making a difference to our clients
- As part of Mercer, the Government Human Services Consulting team offers its expertise within a small business atmosphere
What is in it for you?
- Mercer’s Health business has the world’s largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities
- Work with the team that provides the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally-driven best practices
- We run many social and new-hire events, outings, and employee networks. Having fun in the work you do comes from being a part of a client team and contributing to its success
We will count on you to:
- Oversees multiple project managers, ensuring the team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope of work and ensuring communication with client, project team and senior client leader
- Manages the relationship with the key client stakeholders and oversees client engagements
- Identifies and secures resources and specialists ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level, and provides team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise
- Is recognized as expert on Health Policy, including financial and operational aspects of government programs, federal regulatory issues, and health care reform
- Leading authority on the strategy for RFP process. Evaluates risk and manages RFP through internal legal and executive approval process. Utilizes knowledge of client’s challenges to identify sales opportunities
- Develops intellectual capitol. Leads or participates in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or other professional credentials preferred
- 15+ years’ experience in health care design and delivery, including experience in a consulting environment
- 8+ years’ experience in Medicaid identifying, designing, recommending and implementing efficient, innovative business solutions for complex challenges with Medicaid programs either through state, federal, consulting or health plan/vendor experience
- Significant experience in leadership and change management, including managing and developing a team of professionals
- Excellent project management, presentation and interpersonal skills
What makes you stand out:
- Actuary credentials preferred (ASA/FSA)
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Strategic Planning, Project Management, Microsoft Project, Business Solutions, Business Strategy, Strategic Development, Project Planning and Development Skills, Staff Management, Change Management, Proposal Writing, Quality Assurance and Control, Team Management, Management Consulting, Business Development, Business Acumen
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-15