Senior Government Pharmacy Consultant
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position. Candidates can be remote or based in the Phoenix, Atlanta or Minneapolis office:
Senior Government Pharmacy Consultant
What can you expect?
- The Senior Government Pharmacy Consultant will lead the accurate and timely data and financial analysis on large, complex state pharmacy projects
- A significant part of this role is also to be a key leader or contributor for projects
- Additional responsibilities include new and expanded business development, management and mentorship of staff and intellectual capital development
What is in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
- Help support vulnerable populations through the development of meaningful programs
We will count on you to:
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the key members of the client team; individually or in conjunction with the Senior Client Manager, presents on project results to clients, carriers, managed care entities and other related entities
- Work with the Senior Client Manager to initiate the project after a project is sold to the client. This includes meeting with the client and clearly defining the scope, timelines and deliverable of the project. Also develops and proposes essential project documents, including the budget and work plans
- Identify and secure resources, ensuring work is leveraged to the right skill and career level, and providing team members opportunity to develop skills and expertise; coordinate tasks with specialists on the project team, keeping the client leader informed on the project, ensuring regular team meetings and maintaining project documents; may produce documents stating project results, including reports, charts, analyses, etc.
- Manage data and financial analytical work on large and complex state managed health and welfare capitation projects. These capitation projects are commissioned by government entities to determine the rates that they will pay for health and welfare services covered by their plans
- Work with the client to define the scope of the project; serve as expert on rate structure and methodology; ensure the project is consistent with federal regulations and actuarial standards; determine the appropriate data sources for the specific project’s data analysis
- Develop the rate setting assumptions that are built into the data model and informs client and project team on impact of data assumptions; oversee data analysis that is conducted by junior staff members. Provide on-going review and guidance during the data analysis process; review data analysis results for soundness; present client with sub analyses throughout project cycle
- Draft project communications, including rate capitation letters; act as actuarial authority that signs and certifies rate capitation letters
What you need to have:
- BS degree required; additional advanced degree preferred (MPA, JD, MBA, etc.)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience
- Managed Medicaid or State Medicaid experience required
What makes you stand out:
- PharmD preferred
- Pharmacy benefit management experience preferred
- Managed care and/or health plan knowledge preferred
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of pharmacy claim payment systems
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-04