Senior Government Relations & Advocacy Media/PR Manager for an NGO (Remote)
Senior Media/PR Manager – Job Description
UNITED SIKHS is a United Nations affiliated international non-governmental, humanitarian relief, human development and advocacy organization, aimed at empowering those in need, especially disadvantaged and minority communities across the world. To see more, please view: http://www.unitedsikhs.org/
UNITED SIKHS is currently seeking an energetic, SELF-STARTER to join its fast-paced Media Team as a specialist and creative PR writer. This person will lead by media outreach and follow up: maintain media relationships, draft and distribute media communications to our donors and supporters, while also writing publications online platforms and monitor media coverage.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and assist with organizational events,conferences, and outreach as needed.
- Direct media monitoring and build media lists.
- Direct and Draft edit talking points, articles, blogs and other written materials.
- Responsible for crafting media strategy for campaigns and should be able to work with activists all over the globe.
- Responsible for drafting and implementing PR communications for all aspects of the organization.
- Helps maintain press room on the UNITED SIKHS website and should be able to upload press-releases.
- Directs and Supports the PR department in creating pitch ideas and plans that will result in maximum exposure for the organization.
- Monitors top influencers, competitors, media and industry trends for potential shareable content.
- Directs, leads by example and sets successful media strategy for other departments, especially the business development department.
- Directs and implements a training program for all volunteers, members of other departments on a regular basis.
- Supports consistency of the organization’s message in all PR materials.
- Responsible for final media material designs and proofing assistance to other departments, particularly with regards to implementation of logo styles and uniformity of design.
- Direct the other teams and groups
The Ideal Candidate:
- 10 -15 years of public relations and social media experience in a professional setting and must have either worked for a PR firm as a leader while working with civil and human rights organizations in a capacity to expand their business and social issues outreach. Or must have worked with a congressional office for at least 10+ years as their media strategist and can work under strict timelines.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in public relations, mass-communications, mba, english, journalism or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Must have prior legislative experience working for the congressional offices in the capacity of a lead PR person
- Will be comfortable working independently and lead a team of media persons.
- Demonstrates superior organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be goal-oriented and is able to follow strict guidelines and can speak on radio, tv stations and create podcasts and drive the traffic creatively on social media for maximum hits
- Must have a pleasing personality and be able to work in a highly competitive environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft programs, and knowledge of Photoshop preferred.
- Exceptional knowledge of communication technologies including social networking, blogs, YouTube, FB, etc.
- Must have or be able to quickly acquire knowledge of departmental structure, policies, and procedures.
1) a copy of your latest updated resume . Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis until a candidate is selected.
2) 3 to 5 recent writing samples with their published URLs
Job Type: Full-time
- managing and implementing PR strategies for the congress: 10 years (Required)
- or experience with a human rights law firm: 10 years (Required)
- Social Media Management and Creative Writing: 6 years (Required)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- 25% (Required)
Job posted: 2020-04-27