Senior Government Relations Director
- Works collaboratively with multiple directors within the Government Relations Department to advance the organization’s government relations objectives.
- Designs and works with Government Relations and organization leadership to implement plans to address identified threats and opportunities, healthcare trends, federal legislation and/or regulation impacting organization business needs.
- Analyzes legislative proposals at the federal level of government.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key Federal legislators and regulators.
- Represent the organization at meetings with healthcare and professional associations and other stakeholders.
- Develops advocacy strategies and materials.
- Applies internally developed positions and policies to complex governmental, budgetary and regulatory issues.
- Works collaboratively with Community Relations as required to prevent potential negative impacts to the Cleveland Clinic.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously, working within a team and also independently.
- Reviews proposed and final government rules and regulations to identify areas that present potential impact to the Clinic.
- Reports writing/status updates and internal/external stakeholder communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Identifies opportunities for Cleveland Clinic to engage and advise on health care policy.
- Applies internally developed positions and policies to complex governmental and budgetary issues.
- Works collaboratively with all internal stakeholders including Community Relations as required to prevent potential negative impacts to the Cleveland Clinic.
- Leads engagement with external stakeholder and develops ongoing work streams
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) and business acumen are required.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in government relations, including a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams, strategic management, and leading change in a complex setting.
- Offset: A Master’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in government relations, including a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated management experience.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Requires the ability to verbally communicate to multi-level individuals – employees and in the community.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 25 pounds.
- Good visual ability through normal or corrected vision.
- Highly competitive and multi-tasking environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
Job posted: 2021-10-13