Senior Government Relations Manager — Air Force Systems
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.The Boeing Company’s Air Force and Space Force Systems organization is currently seeking two Senior Government Relations Managers to support Air Force Systems in Arlington, VA. These roles will interface with the Department of Defense and require strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Manage Government Relations employees and mid-level managers developing, coordinating and implementing programs to advocate the Company’s business interests, including the analysis of laws and regulations and coordination with government/industry officials and agencies
- Develop and execute integrated organizational plans, policies and procedures and guides the development of business and technical strategies, goals, objectives
- Acquire resources for organizational activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports
- Provide oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes
- Manage, develop and motivate employees and mid-level managers
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working at the Pentagon
- 5+ years of team leadership experience (formal and/or informal)
- 5+ years of experience in a role which required strong interpersonal and communication skills
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Top Secret Clearance
- Served in the United States Air Force
- Experience working on a Mobility Aircraft Platform
- Experience in the acquisition environment within the US Department of Defense (DOD) and/or the Defense Industry
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-24