Senior Government Relations and Public Affairs Manager
About the team
Government Relations, part Corporate Relations, is a diverse team of skilled professionals and fun people who enjoy working in a collaborative environment within a fast paced business at the intersection of tech and real estate.
About the role
Zillow Group is looking for a seasoned government relations and public affairs professional to join our growing team. This position will be the external lead for engagement in Seattle and across Washington state, and report to our Director of State and Local Government Relations. You will work closely with our leadership and executive team on various issues impacting our business. If you love to build relationships with external partners, have a mind for strategy and enjoy working in a team atmosphere, this job will be a great fit!
Our ideal candidate will have state and local level government relations experience – preferably at a regulated organization – and will be motivated to quickly learn about the real estate industry and other issue areas critical to Zillow Group’s business. At any given time, this role will be simultaneously managing several high-stakes projects, so the ideal candidate will need to be process oriented and organized. We are looking for a self-starter, a strong communicator who can build and execute on a government relations strategy.
- Must have experience working in King County and Washington state
- Develop and execute a state/local government relations and community engagement strategy.
- Engage the executive team on various government relations efforts, keeping them up to date and involving them in decisions as appropriate.
- Build and maintain relationships with government leaders and influencers within the market.
Who you are
- You have at least 10 to 15 years of experience in government or government relations, preferably at the state or local level.
- You have experience working in a large and growing public company in a regulated industry
- Ability to quickly learn new issues impacting the business and then to move fast to create a successful government and public affairs strategy to address them.
- Extreme attention to detail, and ability to move fast and multi-task.
- You can think strategically and creatively and map government relations planning to greater business objectives.
- Experience providing strategic support and counsel to c-level executives or similar leadership roles.
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Results-driven and great at communicating up, down and across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Flexibility to travel is needed
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses the largest portfolio of real estate brands on mobile and the web. We are on a mission to rewire the real estate transaction and are building transformational tools and services that make it easier for everyone to find and get into a home they love. We are working to create an on-demand real estate transaction experience for every stage of the home lifecycle — for buyers, sellers, renters and borrowers – and we’re well on our way. No matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality for millions of people.
At Zillow Group, we’re powered by our inclusive work culture, where everyone has the support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to empower people and enrich lives around everything home, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But, don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For (#69), Fortune Best Workplaces for Diversity (#38), Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents (#31), Fortune Best Workplaces for Women (#20), Fatherly’s Best Workplaces for New Dads (#37), JUST Capital 100 Company (#69), Bloomberg Gender Equality Index constituent.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-12