Senior Government Relations Specialist
R & W Group has an interesting and exciting opportunity with a reputable law firm in DC for a Senior Government Relations Specialist! This role will be heavily involved with the Government Relations practice group and will monitor federal (and occasionally state) legislative developments in areas of interest to our clients. The Specialist will also assist in monitoring regulatory developments at a wide range of federal agencies. The Specialist must be able to write client ready summaries of legislation and regulatory developments, attend and report on hearings and provide other support as needed. The position offers the opportunity to work with former Members of Congress and senior Congressional staff and to learn about public policy advocacy in the context of one of the nation’s leading law firms.
Essential Functions Include:
- Tracking legislation and other developments in issue areas that include health care, tax, transportation, technology, and trade and preparing written analysis for members of the practice group and clients;
- Attending hearings and providing live blogging on issues being discussed;
- Acting as a liaison with Congressional staff to produce favorable outcomes for our clients;
- Conducting legislative research and preparing legislative histories and other related documents and reports on issues of interest to our clients;
- Supporting and facilitating client meetings on the Hill with Members of Congress, including lobby days;
- A bachelor’s degree in political science or related field, strong academic credentials required;
- Minimum 3 years of Congressional experience, preferably as a Legislative Assistant.
- Thorough knowledge of the legislative process and of Congressional organization and procedures; Extensive knowledge and experience working with Congressional staff;
- Strong research ability; knowledge of research techniques and resources to conduct legislative research;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write client documents with minimal editing required;
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment; understanding the political sensitivity behind issues;
- Knowledge of office computer applications and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work well under time sensitive deadlines;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including occasional overtime;
Please upload a resume online through www.r-wgroup.com.
Job posted: 2018-07-07