Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Government Services Communications Manager
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Global Services (BGS) Communications team is looking for a Senior Government Services Communications Manager to join their team in Berkeley, MO; Arlington, VA; Huntsville, AL; Jacksonville, FL; Plano, TX; Ridley Park, PA or San Antonio, TX.
This position reports to the BGS Vice President of Communications.
- Lead the development, execution and periodic review of communications plans for the BGS government services businesses covering both U.S. domestic and international customers and work
- Work in partnership with the businesses and other functions to develop and execute these plans and ensure Communications resources and people are leveraged to best advance the plans and business objectives
- Collaborate with Boeing Communications professionals within other businesses and the central team to develop and execute the tactical activities that benefit the communications plans and specific BGS programmatic and functional communications needs
- Provide counsel to the BGS government services leadership teams on communications issues, risks, and opportunities
- Manage a team of five Communications Specialists that lead program and functional communications for BGS government services establishing clear goals and objectives; providing coaching, mentoring and development opportunities; encouraging professional growth; and motivating and inspiring them to do their best work, as a team and in accordance with the BGS communications strategy and budget
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with government Public Affairs Officers, key supplier and industry partners, business partners, employees, campaign vendors and reporters
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 10+ years of experience leading teams
- 10+ years of experience driving projects and processes to successful completion
- 10+ years of Communications work experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience working in Military and/or Defense contracting space
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-12-19