Senior IACUC Policy Analyst
We support the efforts and recognize the commitment and contributions of researchers, while fostering an environment of compliance with all regulations and policies. We are able to facilitate and enhance outstanding research by anticipating the needs and responding effectively by providing training, guidance and facilitating the research review process. We are committed to providing the fundamental elements and compliance guidance that enable successful growth of our vast research environment. Responsible for the provision of verbal and written information and technical applications in support of best practices in meeting regulations and standards for the conduct of research.
- Reviews standards and all applicable regulation and accreditation standards concerning animal research.
- Assures compliance and offers guidance and coordination in regards to regulatory and accrediting bodies.
- Maintains and offers ethical and regulatory guidance in the changing research environment.
- Applies applicable institutional policies and federal, state, and local regulations when regarding the conduct of animal research.
- Identifies teams to develop Baylor College of Medicine procedures and offer guidance for animal research regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Establishes a call center to address research compliance questions and concerns.
- Communicates Baylor College of Medicine policy to departmental personnel, responds to policy questions, and develops internal procedures to ensure compliance with policy.
- Plans and organizes a variety of projects directly related to the departmental goals.
- Works with team members to ensure completion of mutual performance goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Experience working with an IACUC, in an animal research facility, or in laboratory research involving IACUC protocols
- Knowledge of animal research regulations and guidance
- Experience conducting post-approval reviews or monitoring of approved active research
- Current and relevant working knowledge of regulations governing the use of animals in teaching and research
- Certified Veterinary Tech
- Certified Professional IACUC Administrator (CPIA) Certification
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-07-30