Senior Lobbyist Government Relations
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Senior Lobbyist Government Relations
This position is part of Raytheon Technologies corporate Global Government Relations, Federal GGR team in Washington, DC. This position is responsible for adding value to the company and customers by advancing RTX goals, views and expectations with respect to federal budget submissions, congressional appropriations and authorization bills, and all business-related legislation consistent with established company priorities, values, and metrics.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Represent RTX in general before Members of Congress and their staffs on Capitol Hill, and in their home states and districts.
- Strengthen relationships with key Members, Staff, and Committees on Capitol Hill, especially those responsible for appropriations and defense matters, in a way that advances RTX’ priorities, programs, and brand.
- Advance the legislative priorities and needs of RTX on Capitol Hill consistent with established goals and metrics.
- Communicate effectively and continually with business leadership regarding ongoing Hill efforts, upcoming events, status of priorities—including appropriations and legislative language requests—and other information which affects the company’s goals.
- Engage directly and frequently with the business Product Line Leaders and Program Managers to determine where Congress could be leveraged to advance their programs. Take action to drive legislative initiatives into the portfolio.
- Maximize the use and effectiveness of RTX suppliers, industry groups, think tanks, and trade associations, as well as outside consultants, advisers, and experts, to advance RTX goals, priorities, and strategies.
- Conduct analyses of legislative initiatives and policy proposals, and how these interact with executive branch policies, initiatives and procedures, with a focus on broad budgetary trends and company operations, strategic planning and interactions with the government.
- Support company efforts to advance foreign military sales and direct commercial sales through the congressional approval process in an effective and timely manner.
- Attend congressional hearings, conferences, meetings, and special events as necessary to advance RTX goals and provide valued service to customers.
- Monitor congressional activities in the area of defense, security, and foreign policy and take action to ensure company interests are protected.
- Plan and support visits by company leaders to Capitol Hill and by Members/staff to RTX facilities for educational and/or constituent support purposes.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 12 years professional experience
- Five years of experience working defense and security issues, and preferably defense appropriations issues, in the U.S. Congress.
- Working knowledge of legislative and executive branch processes, U.S. Government budget and appropriations cycles, and the cultures and key players in each institution, to successfully advance business priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (including presentation and influence).
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make effective presentations and communicate persuasively in a way that can confidently and positively shape the views and expectations of Members of Congress, Professional Staff Members, Senior Executive Branch officials, and corporate executives.
- Experience managing multiple constituents internal and external – and customers in a way that keeps them fully informed of past progress, ongoing activities, and next steps.
- Self-starter with a bias for action who is able to manage time and multi-task effectively in a pro-active and innovative way.
- U.S. defense programs expertise.
- Ability to obtain Secret-level security clearance
- Master’s Degree.
- Current Secret-level or higher security clearance
- Eight years of experience working with or for government customers, decision makers and senior officials in the legislative and executive branches of federal government, with a specific focus on defense matters, or other relevant professional or educational experience.
- Previous leadership, management, and business development experience.
- Substantial experience with/within the defense community, including knowledge of a wide range of defense, security, or acquisition issues and stakeholders.
- Previous employment on Capitol Hill with the House or Senate Defense Appropriations committees or Armed Services committees.
Education:B.S. or B.A. degree required: Yes
Location: Washington, DC
Required Status: US Citizen or US Person required Yes
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-22