Senior Local Government Affairs Manager
Washington Hospitality Association
POSITION: Senior Local Government Affairs Manager
DEPARTMENT: Local Government Affairs
REPORTS TO: Director of Local Government Affairs
LOCATION: Seattle, Washington
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
- Directing and arranging interactions between hospitality members and members of the Mayor’s Office, City Council, City departments and County Executive, County Council and County Departments.
- Cultivate strong, close working relationships with local businesses and leaders within the hospitality community.
- Provide leadership in building business and stakeholder coalitions to address issues of importance to the overall business community and hospitality sector.
- Remain informed about public policy issues, current events, and other issues which may affect members. Educate and engage with members on these issues, providing recommendations for action when needed.
- Guide members to consensus on key issues, providing strategic insight on how best to accomplish established goals and helping to define a clear plan of action.
- Represent the hospitality industry on taskforces and stakeholder groups, and testify before City and County Council as appropriate, coordinating participation and testimony by members of the hospitality community.
- Collaborate with the Local Government Communications Manager to develop and implement communications tools and processes to reach both members and external audiences.
- Negotiating, managing, and directing contract work (i.e., consultants, polling, etc.).
- Structure an objective, decision-making process for members during elections; craft strategic plans of action, adhering to applicable legal/regulatory election requirements.
- Strategic thinking, creative problem solving and project management.
- Relationship and team building skills.
- Management of multiple projects at the same time.
- Development of detailed work plans and seeing tasks through to completion.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in stressful work environment.
- Proven capacity to function electively in the Seattle and King County political environment.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively challenging government affairs experience.
- Prior campaign experience.
- Must be willing to work evenings, and weekends as needed to meet job requirements.
Job posted: 2021-03-03