Senior Local Government Affairs Manager
About the job
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directing and arranging interactions between hospitality members and members of the Mayor’s Office, City Council, City departments and County Executive, County Council and County Departments.
- Cultivate strong, close working relationships with local businesses and leaders within the hospitality community.
- Provide leadership in building business and stakeholder coalitions to address issues of importance to the overall business community and hospitality sector.
- Remain informed about public policy issues, current events, and other issues which may affect members. Educate and engage with members on these issues, providing recommendations for action when needed.
- Guide members to consensus on key issues, providing strategic insight on how best to accomplish established goals and helping to define a clear plan of action.
- Represent the hospitality industry on taskforces and stakeholder groups, and testify before City and County Council as appropriate, coordinating participation and testimony by members of the hospitality community.
- Collaborate with the Local Government Communications Manager to develop and implement communications tools and processes to reach both members and external audiences.
- Negotiating, managing, and directing contract work (i.e., consultants, polling, etc.).
- Structure an objective, decision-making process for members during elections; craft strategic plans of action, adhering to applicable legal/regulatory election requirements.
The successful candidate must demonstrate:
- Strategic thinking, creative problem solving and project management.
- Relationship and team building skills.
- Management of multiple projects at the same time.
- Development of detailed work plans and seeing tasks through to completion.
- Superior written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to function independently and effectively in stressful work environment.
- Proven capacity to function electively in the Seattle and King County political environment.
- Knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Minimum 6 years of progressively challenging government affairs experience.
- Prior campaign experience.
- Must be willing to work evenings, and weekends as needed to meet job requirements.
We offer attractive benefits including, medical, dental, life, LTD, paid vacation, EAP and 401k.
Please apply and upload a cover letter and resume at the following link: https://secure5.saashr.com/ta/WAHG20.careers?ApplyToJob=251999747
Job posted: 2021-01-13