Senior Manager, Brand Communications & Advocacy, U.S. Lung Cancer
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Manager, Brand Communications and Advocacy, U.S. Lung Cancer role will develop brand communications and patient advocacy strategies and plans, including brand public relations, media engagement, disease education communications, patient engagement and aligned plan execution with alliance partner. The ideal candidate possesses a good blend of strategic planning, business partner engagement expertise, and strong communication skills to collaborate and engage with others, and execute against Corporate Affairs strategies in support of a growing oncology therapeutic area with a launch in solid tumor.
- Lead and manage cross-functional brand and alliance partner communications
- Build integrated communication framework between Jazz and company partner.
- Lead cross-functional communications plans to support U.S. approval and launch and future data/regulatory milestones.
- Manage internal communications with medical, employees and field teams.
- Develop and manage the approval of press releases for brand announcements and supporting media materials, such as reserved press statements and Q&As.
- Coordinate and execute the development of external communications strategies to drive awareness around data, brand achievements, and patient programs and materials.
- Develop external and internal communication strategies and plans, including: brand public relations, media, internal communications, advocacy, corporate reputation, policy and medical communications.
- Lead and manage patient and disease state advocacy efforts with very well established and sophisticated lung cancer organizations
- Lead community level patient activity at national/regional/local medical centers and institutions
- Engage Government Relations activities to raise awareness and advance access opportunities
- Serve as liaison to brand teams, representing Corporate Affairs on cross-functional brand teams.
- Provide strategic support for Jazz senior leadership as needed, such as developing speech content/ talking points, briefing books and research materials, and staff key events with advocacy organizations.
- Support issues management at the corporate and brand level, with focus on ensuring alignment and readiness on key issues identified through periodic risk analysis.
- Support direct agency resources to deliver key projects/deliverables on time and within budget.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 5-7 years of progressive leadership in a biotech and/or pharmaceuticals company or at a communications/PR agency, handling product communications, social media, clinical data communications, pre-approval and product launch communications strategies, issues management, media relations, corporate philanthropy, and collaboration with advocacy/professional alliance programs.
- Experience in public relations, communications and/or patient advocacy in the pharmaceutical industry and across different stages of molecule development.
- Experience in oncology, in particular lung cancer, strongly preferred.
- Established relationships with lung cancer advocacy organizations a plus.
- Experience in diverse aspects of brand communications, including media relations, content development for multiple platforms, social media, senior executive support.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across business units, functional departments, geographies and disciplines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including excellent presentation, facilitation and listening skills.
- Skilled in communicating complex scientific information to a variety of audiences.
- Detail-oriented, self-initiating, organized, and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry.
- A high level of energy and passion toward patients, science and public health.
- Experience working with multiple external stakeholders, both domestically and internationally.
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully within a dynamic team culture and changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead through influence and network. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization as a collaborative team player.
- Results-orientation in setting and pursuing aggressive goals, demonstrating a strong commitment to organizational success and managing resources.
- Strong work ethic; highest standards of ethics and compliance with laws.
Required/Preferred Education And Licenses
- A Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree a plus
Description Of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
- Roughly 20-30% annual travel
Description Of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-15