Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Clean Transportation Program
Senior Manager, Clean Transportation Program
Climate and Energy
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through our powerful networks and advocacy, we tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our website (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Clean Transportation Program, will organize and coordinate work with investors, companies and other key stakeholders focused on promoting strong clean transportation policies and move transportation companies and companies with a significant transportation footprint to make ambitious climate commitments and climate transition plans and align lobbying with climate science. The Senior Manager will collaborate closely with various teams across the organization working on corporate climate commitments and policy including the Ambition 2030 Initiative. The Senior Manager will administer key projects and campaigns related to the transportation sector and may supervise team members. This is a full-time salaried position, based out of Ceres’ Boston office, and reporting to the Senior Director, Clean Transportation Program.
Specific duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in close coordination with the Policy Network, Company Network, and Investor Network teams in the design and implementation of cross-organizational transportation strategy, including justice and equity issues, private sector clean transportation commitments, and transportation policy advocacy.
- Develop Ceres’ cross-organizational emissions-reduction strategy on engaging companies in related sectors, including electric power and oil & gas, while ensuring environmental equity is a key consideration.
- Coordinate with the CA 100+ Initiative and Ceres Investor Network to support investors with research, materials drafting, and strategic guidance on engaging with companies in the transportation sector as well as companies with a large transportation footprint in order to drive support for strong policies and reduce emissions.
- Track transportation decarbonization policy developments at the state and federal levels, and coordinate with external partners to craft policy advocacy strategies
- Partner with the Ceres Policy Network on strong federal and state clean transportation policy initiatives including conducting research, writing, supporting corporate transportation advocacy, and constituent outreach and organizing. Embed environmental equity into initiatives where appropriate
- Collaborate with the Ceres’ Company Network to support engagement plans with transportation companies that are members of the Ceres Company Network.
- Present Ceres’ strategic and advocacy voice in engagements with external partners and at strategic convening and events regarding the transportation sector.
- Coordinate, steward, and/or conduct research on transportation sector decarbonization, with a particular focus on the business case, opportunities, environmental equity, and public policy context for investors and companies.
- Research, write, and edit communications materials including contributions to website, newsletter, reports and other publications.
- Coordinate with Ceres’ Development Team to develop fundraising proposals to support Ceres’ climate and clean energy and transportation work.
- Supervise interns or staff including hiring, training, evaluation, professional development, and project management oversight.
- Travel as necessary for conferences, speaking opportunities, and company and investor engagements.
- Minimum of 5 years or more of work experience in transportation
- Knowledge of, and experience related to the transportation sector and policy advocacy, preferred
- Knowledge of and experience related to transportation, climate change, and corporate sustainability issues, preferred
- Familiarity with corporate environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and platforms
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, superior leadership ability, strong initiative, and motivation
- Successful record of organizing and executing multiple projects, facilitating dialogues with senior-level professionals, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make strong connections between sustainability issues and articulate the impacts and implications for corporate and investor actions
- Demonstrated ability to bring an advocacy perspective to corporate dialogues will be viewed as beneficial
- Demonstrated strong project management, business planning skills and attention to detail is required
- Effective presentation style as well as strong speaking and written communication skills for external and internal audiences
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), other database applications, teleconference and webinar systems and standard e-mail computer applications
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific Ceres’ applications necessary for success: Salesforce, Bloomberg, and others
- Interest in being part of a diverse workforce and willingness to support Ceres’ Commitment to Inclusion and Equity
Compensation: The hiring salary is $81,000 to $85,000 and pairs with competitive benefits.
How to Apply
Join our team by applying to Careers at Ceres. We encourage all applicants to review our website to learn more about Ceres’ goals, mission, and values. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and list of three references.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.
Job posted: 2022-11-13