Senior Manager, Communications
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a dynamic and evolving Communications team, serving in a spokesperson role for the Altria family of companies across different media platforms?
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager Communications to join our Communications team at Altria Client Services in Richmond, VA. Remote candidates will be considered if the candidate demonstrates strong skills as defined below and is available for travel (post-Covid).
In this role you will be responsible for developing and implementing communications strategies and plans and act as an official company spokesperson to print and broadcast reporters.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with key reporters and media contacts in support of Altria’s 10-year Vision and business objectives.
- Identify, secure and support communications opportunities, including earned media and external speaking, in support of Altria’s 10-year Vision corporate campaign work. Assist with day-to-day management of Altria’s corporate campaign.
- Provide communications counsel to select business areas. Develop proactive communications strategies, crisis preparedness, and tactical applications; manage media outreach, communications plans, and crisis management work.
- Manage external media relations consultants developing media relations plans on behalf of Altria.
- Prepare company executives (Vice President and below) for media interviews to help share the
- Company’s positions and actions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications preferred.
- 7+ years of communications experience required; agency experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of print and broadcast journalism fields.
- Strong ability to convey persuasive arguments in high stress situations.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Extensive knowledge of company positions and business practices.
- Must have the ability to perform the duties of a general office environment.
- Travel required – amount to be determined post-Covid.
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that leads the premier tobacco companies in the United States. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, Altria Group holds diversified positions across tobacco, alcohol, and cannabis. Our tobacco companies include some of the most enduring names in American business: Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton. We have 35 percent ownership of JUUL Labs, Inc., the nation’s leading e-vapor company. And we have an 80 percent interest in Helix Innovations, which manufactures and markets on!, an oral tobacco-derived nicotine pouch product. We complement our total tobacco business with our ownership of Ste. Michelle Wine Estates and our significant equity investment in Anheuser-Busch InBev, the world’s largest brewer. Altria’s significant stake in Cronos Group, a leading global cannabinoid company, represents an exciting new global growth opportunity.
At Altria, we celebrate the power of diverse teams working together to shape our future. We are inspired to bring our best because our unique strengths are valued. We believe our personal success and progress should be guided by Our Cultural Aspiration, a new articulation of what we value and who we aspire to be, collectively. Our Cultural Aspiration respects and complements individual identity, embracing each other’s unique strengths, welcoming newcomers and developing the best, most inclusive and diverse teams. Over the next 10 years, we have the opportunity to make more progress on harm reduction than we have in the past 50 years. Join us as we work together to shape a better future for adult tobacco consumers, our employees, and our shareholders. Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted: 2021-02-09