Senior Manager, Communications (Office of Regulatory Relations)
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. As of Oct. 30, 2020, BNY Mellon had $37.1 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.9 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
BNY Mellon Risk and Compliance- Office of Regulatory Relations:
Risk and Compliance oversees risk services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Risk management ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved, while Compliance maintains processes compliant with applicable laws, regulations, policies and ethics.
The Office of Regulatory Relations is responsible for developing and coordinating the company-wide strategy and approach to major regulatory supervisory matters. The function centrally manages BNY Mellon’s relationships and interactions with supervisory regulators, partnering with all business and functions across the company.
Role description and opportunities:
Implements complex communication plans in support of firm’s key strategic initiatives and business goals in addition to day-to-day support of U.S. regulatory relationships. May serve as a project lead, enlisting support from peers and partners across BNY Mellon. Cultivates collaborative relationships with internal leaders to support activities. Provides technical guidance. Suggests opportunities for improvements and can take an idea, socialize it, and put it into practice. Acts with a clear sense of accountability supporting enterprise initiatives. Proactively identifies obstacles and recommends solutions. Models and champions firm’s values such as diversity, teamwork, client focus, integrity and excellence.
Key responsibilities include the following:
This role will support Risk & Compliance regulatory interactions.
- Supports BNY Mellon’s strategy for regulatory communications by leading the development of clear, consistent, and connected narratives
- Helps to develop and apply core Risk & Compliance regulatory messaging
- Merges and formats technical and, at times, disparate content from subject matter experts into cohesive story, ensuring an enterprise lens is applied
- Prepares/trains employees for effective regulatory interaction
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with senior business stakeholders
- Performs quality control reviews, and enforces templates and style guidelines
A successful candidate should ideally have these qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of work experience required
- 12+ years of related experience preferred
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is preferred, particularly within a Risk and/or Compliance function of a G-SIB
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Executive presence and grace under pressure
- Highly skilled in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Proven ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously and within tight deadlines
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
Job posted: 2020-12-29