Senior Manager, Community Affairs-20008337
The Senior Manager will support community stakeholder engagement, charitable contributions and workplace giving and volunteering programs.
Role reports to the Senior Director, Community Affairs | Better World
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Stakeholder relationship management and partnership development with nonprofit organizations;
- Strong negotiation skills to develop programs and initiatives that result in win-win outcomes (e.g. positive impact for the community and for corporate reputation);
- Comfortable presenting to audiences made up of employees, wholesalers and/or community leaders;
- Project management and leading cross-functional teams;
Budget planning and management;
- Experience and/or willingness to work with Better World communications and government affairs;
- Experience and/or willingness working with brand teams in developing cause marketing and communications programs;
- Strong PPT design and presentation skills. Ability to recap projects through summary slides.
The day-to-day responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee and manage outreach programs, partnerships and initiatives with nonprofit organizations and community leaders
- Lead the evolution and daily management of Tap Into Giving (U.S. workplace giving and volunteering program)
- Work with our People team to fully leverage educational and multicultural partnerships in order to accelerate diversity recruitment. Engage Panorama communities as appropriate.
- Partner with Better World Communications and Marketing teams to leverage nonprofit partnerships and/or develop cause marketing programs
- Assist as needed in support of other Better World initiatives/programs
- Collaborate with other Better World teams (Responsible Drinking, Better World Communications, Research and Policy) to support communications, employee engagement and wholesaler outreach
- Position is band VI-A, based in St Louis
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree a plus.
3-5 years experience in a CPG corporation a plus
- Experience in workplace giving, employee volunteering and/or grant-making a plus
- Passionate about CSR, social impact and diversity and inclusion
Strong work ethic
- Operates with integrity, discipline, and professionalism
Drives results and executes with speed
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, changing environment
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and independently
Solution-oriented and positive attitude
Flexible and resilient
- A collaborative team player who can assume ownership of projects from concept to execution
- Ability to travel and participate in community functions outside of normal business hours
For more than 165 years, Anheuser-Busch has been woven into the cultural fabric of the United States, carrying on a legacy of brewing great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. Today, we own and operate 23 breweries, 20 distributorships and 22 agricultural and packaging facilities, and have more than 18,000 colleagues across the United States. We are home to several of America’s most recognizable beer brands, including Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra and Stella Artois, as well as a number of regional brands that provide beer drinkers with a choice of the best-tasting craft beers in the industry.
From responsible drinking programs and emergency drinking water donations to industry-leading sustainability efforts, we are guided by our unwavering commitment to supporting the communities we call home.
We are a company that believes our people are our greatest asset. We believe in the spirit of ownership because our employees take results personally and want to build something great together. We value talented employees who aren’t afraid to be bold, resourceful, and committed. At Anheuser-Busch, it’s not about what you studied or where you worked, it’s about what you can do. If you see yourself working for a company that allows you to excel at the pace of your talent, then a career at Anheuser-Busch may be for you.
As America’s leading brewer, Anheuser-Busch is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-29