Senior Manager Corporate Affairs and Government Relations
Senior Manager Corporate Affairs and Government Relations-Intuit is seeking a strategic policy leader to join our federal government relations team. Candidates should be able to manage high energy and fast paced interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
Successful candidates should be able to develop and execute holistic strategic plans to achieve desired objectives across their designated portfolio in service to the company’s strategy.
- Working with the Director U.S. Government Relations and the Corporate Affairs leadership team, helps identify and develop Intuit’s lobbying and political action strategies on priority federal legislative and policy issues, including direct lobbying and grassroots outreach, for integrated, effective advocacy across the federal government and within appropriate industry associations.
- Working with the Director, U.S. Government Relations, helps develop, manage and cultivate Intuit’s engagement with key stakeholders on critical issues which affect business value. Key stakeholders include the key U.S. Government Agencies, both Houses of Congress, industry associations, NGOs, think tanks and international institutions.
- Develops technical expertise of primary issues assigned so as to be a key resource to the GR team and company.
- When appropriate, helps to maximizes the effectiveness with trade associations by making them aware of Intuit’s key priorities, the analytics behind them, and the imperative to support them proactively.
- Assists with providing oversight of the development, implementation and monitoring of lobbying activities and functions, including but not limited to, the following: drafting issue briefs, white papers and lobbying points on important issues to Intuit; drafting letters to Members of Congress, Administration officials, as well as preparing Congressional testimony; working with coalitions and trade associations to broaden and enhance Intuit’s presence and leadership.
- At a minimum, 10 years’ relevant U.S. Congressional and / or relevant executive branch agency experience, with a demonstrated track record.
- Issue experience in legislative and regulatory policy regarding fintech, privacy, financial services, tax, and consumer protection is highly desired.
- Experience working in leadership or as staff for a committee of relevant jurisdiction or for a member on such committee;
- Strong networking and connections to Democratic Members and staff highly desired.
- Professional experience as a manager/leader in federal advocacy in corporate or trade association position, or a combination thereof, desirable
- Strong relationships and networking ability with knowledge of the key stakeholders and coalitions
- Motivated self-starter and ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Desire to be innovative and part of a growing team
- BA in Political Science, Business Administration, Public Policy or equivalent preferred; Graduate work in Business or Juris Doctor desirable
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
Strategic thinker, who can translate a vision into government relations and political strategies with executable tactical project plans to achieve tangible results, while solving for both long-term and short-term objectives
- Critical thinker, who is able to identify and link disparate pieces of information to understand and problem solve in a government affairs context, including political intelligence, policy issues, legislative and regulatory processes, with the ability to translate between the political, policy and business environments
- Strategic leadership and the ability to shape the external environment. You must be energized and comfortable taking the lead to drive, partner and clearly communicate at multiple levels and with a wide variety of internal and external businesses and stakeholders
- Integrity Without Compromise: A career professional with demonstrated adherence to the highest ethical and legal standards in both personal and professional actions, communications, and interactions. We hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards in all we say and do. Our actions and communications are always direct, honest, and transparent
- Must be located in the greater Washington, DC metro.
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” and Fortune World’s “Most Admired Software Companies” lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It’s time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-08-22