Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
At DraftKings, we’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space and are propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Be the strategy behind the game.
We’re growing rapidly and searching for a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications to support and lead across a broad corporate communications and corporate affairs portfolio including Corporate Development, Executive Communications, Investor Relations, Legal and Regulatory, and Reputational matters. The right candidate would also have interest, and ideally experience in, Corporate Social Responsibility, ESG, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Employer Branding.
Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications:
- Develop and implement comprehensive communications plans for high profile, business critical initiatives and events
- Draft external and internal communications materials including briefings, executive remarks, press releases, social content and Q&As—that are executive-ready on version 1
- Work cross-functionally with various internal teams, particularly Corporate Compliance, Corporate Development, Human Resources, Investor Relations, Legal, and Regulatory Affairs, to ensure message consistency and accuracy.
- Provide direct support, including drafting materials, media relations and operations, for public company events—quarterly earnings, investor day, ESG report
- Develop effective relationships with a variety of media outlets and reporters, with a focus on business, finance, technology and ESG
- Monitor the company’s external brand, positioning and reputation and work to mitigate and manage any risks
What you’ll bring:
- 7-10 years’ experience in corporate communications, either in-house or agency, with a demonstrated ability to lead people and projects.
- Strong writer with experience developing content, speeches and statements for execs and companies.
- Experience working on a strategic level with and communicating clearly to senior leaders and executives.
- Understanding of public company communications and, ideally, real world experience around corporate development and M&A, earnings and business/finance media relations.
- Tangible experience or a serious interest in corporate social responsibility and E.
- Excellent judgment.
- Record of working directly with media, both to secure positive coverage and mitigate negative portrayals.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.
Job posted: 2022-11-06