Senior Manager, Corporate Communications
About the team
The Senior Manager of Corporate Communications is a leader on Zillow’s Corporate Relations team. This is a group of skilled communications and public affairs professionals responsible for growing Zillow’s brand awareness, credibility and affinity through strategic media and public relations. Zillow is reimagining real estate for its customers, working to deliver a seamless real estate transaction experience. Our goal is to make it easier than ever for people to buy, sell, rent and borrow!
About the role
A Senior Manager, Corporate Communications can quickly learn about company, policy and real estate industry initiatives. They will work collaboratively to build and execute successful, proactive communications initiatives related to public policy, company advocacy and protecting Zillow’s reputation. They will be able to deftly handle inbound media inquiries relating to corporate reputation, industry and policy issues, and drive awareness among key media, trades and influencers of Zillow’s positive impact on customers and the communities where we operate at an exciting time in our company’s history.
The role requires strong media relations and writing skills, good judgement and political acumen.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and lead a broad range of external communications plans in support of the company’s advocacy, government relations and overarching corporate objectives
- Collaborate with market public relations, line of business communications, corporate communications, industry communications and employee communications to build and advance narratives to support Zillow’s advocacy objectives
- Support the government relations team in drafting/editing testimony and support letters, collaborating with relevant communications, business and legal counterparts to ensure uniform and/or complementary messaging
- Work with Zillow’s policy, legal, industry, economic research, and product teams to build, understand and communicate on policies and initiatives that support our legislative principles
- Foster and establish local, regional and national media relationships by serving as a trusted source and educator about Zillow
- Drive communication issues management programs with a policy component and serve as key communications counselor on crisis issues
- Develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.
Who you are
- 5+ years experience working in communications roles, specifically direct media relations work
- Sharp eye for finding opportunities among current events, news cycles and housing policy / real estate narratives. We’re looking for someone who is eager to drive the narrative rather than follow it!
- Flexible teammate who thrives in a fast-paced environment, balancing multiple projects, partners and timelines.
- Out of the box problem solver who looks for creative ways to tell stories and win the hearts and minds of our audiences
- A track record of partnering closely with teams and other departments across different organizational functions
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, with attention to detail. Experience with real estate policy, government relations, mortgage sector and trade association understanding a bonus
- Actively collaborate and solicit diverse viewpoints to find a solution
- High levels of energy, passion, initiative, flexibility, good humor, dedication and someone passionate about being a great teammate.
In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location.
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates offer customers an on-demand experience for selling, buying, renting or financing with transparency and nearly seamless end-to-end service. Millions of people visit Zillow and its affiliate sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help them finish it — and no matter what job you’re in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
At Zillow, we’re powered by our innovative and inclusive work culture, where everyone has the flexibility, support and resources to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction is supported by our passion to redefine the employee experience, a deep-rooted culture of innovation, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. But don’t just take our word for it. Read our reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For® List 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2021, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and HRC’s Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2021, Fortune Best Workplaces for Technology 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials 2020, Fortune Best Workplaces for Parents 2020, and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-03