American Academy of PAs
The Senior Manager, Corporate Communications assists in planning and executing a proactive corporate communications strategy for the American Academy of PAs. He or she crafts content for a variety of member segments and the general public. He or she maintains strong internal relationships across departments to stay current on AAPA activities and works collaboratively on social media.
- Works in partnership with the Director, Corporate Communications, to help plan and execute annual strategic communications to meet AAPA strategic goals.
- Manages and maintains organizational editorial calendar and develops editorial content across internal channels.
- Develops and maintains project management tools for Communications Department to track deliverables, timing, accountability and measurement of projects.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional internal teams to ensure consistent messages and increase member engagement.
- Solicits content and works cross-departmentally to update other web page content.
- Drafts high-quality, accurate internal communications regarding key issues.
- In partnership with subject matter experts, develops and/or solicits content for a variety of member communication vehicles and channels.
- Efficiently manages multiple projects and timelines; plans strategically to ensure all communications channels are leveraged.
- Collaborates with Manager, Online Communications to identify and draft content for social media channels.
- Edits and proofreads official AAPA publications and products to meet AAPA’s Editorial Style Guide recommendations.
- Prepares speeches, talking points and presentations for staff and leaders.
- Manages special communications projects and initiatives as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field.
- At least six to eight years of experience in a communications-related field.
- Experience in an association related to public health or healthcare field a plus.
- Superb reporting, writing and proofreading skills; knowledge of AP style.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and thrive in a culture of rapid change (learn quickly from multiple sources; possess well-developed analytical, planning, organization, and problem solving skills).
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently with minimal guidance and collaboratively as part of a high-performing team to achieve goals.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage competing priorities.
- Experience writing content for the web, including adapting content to different social media and other channels.
- Experience using Google Analytics for web metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 24, 2017