Senior Manager, Corporate Public Relations
The next big thing in data is you!
Western Digital is currently looking for a creative and skilled media engagement expert for the role of Senior Manager, Corporate Media Relations within its Strategic Communications department. In this role, you’ll be responsible for crafting and driving media relations strategy that successfully engages our business press community and supports the goal of building the Western Digital brand through world-class corporate-level storytelling.
You are a communicator and masterful creator of narratives that catch the attention of business media and inspires reporters to cover our news, executives, technology innovation and any other story that highlights why Western Digital is a leader. You enjoy the art of pitching the media and scoping out creative new angles. You are passionate about the “love of the game” when it comes to crisis communications and live for the next big media relations challenge. You also have a keen appreciation for technology and the importance of impactful storytelling as a key driver in brand building and modern strategic communications that stretches the boundaries of what is possible through this art. Writing a narrative, leveraging your relationships with key reporters and living the mantra that there is no story you can’t pitch are critical skills for the person we’re searching for – if this is you, please let us know.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement media relations strategies with a strong news sense and proven writing capabilities.
- Successfully drive proactive media engagement and deliver creative story angles that think beyond the “obvious” or “expected”.
- Work closely with key executives on strategic stories and drive successful placement outcomes.
- Lead crisis communications outreach including collaborating with other company stakeholders on messaging and positioning and providing strategic guidance to international stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of the Strategic Communications team’s modern approach and help build strong relationships within the team.
- 5- 7+ years of corporate news media experience, public relations and crisis communications for a reputable brand.
- Public Relations agency experience with an emphasis on media relations is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills, pitching abilities and unique angle development skills.
- Experienced in social media platforms (Linkedin, Twitter, Instagram.
- Strong team player, who is action-oriented and operates with a sense of urgency to complete project.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and can deliver well-written content in this environment.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL®
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, it was the most important thing we could do for data. Now we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and governments come to us for the technologies and solutions they need to capture, preserve, access, and transform their data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your exceptional skills. It’s You & Us. Together, we’re the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are found under the G-Technology™, SanDisk®, Upthere™, and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-27