Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility – (2200053)
ON Semiconductor seeks a results-orientated individual with experience in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) who is passionate about the triple bottom line of people, planet and profit. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to coordinate projects. They should also be research-driven and in touch with emerging trends in CSR and/or Sustainability. The successful candidate should be a champion, persistent and assertive yet can exemplify the company’s core values of respect, integrity and initiative.
This role owns our climate change roadmap and works on a variety of environmental, social and governance (ESG) assessments, projects related to and supports our climate roadmap, and other areas related to CSR.
This position will report into the Corporate Marketing and Brand Communications department under the ESG Senior Director. Preferred location is in Phoenix, Arizona – however top talented candidates who can easily travel to Phoenix will be also considered.
- Leads the following ESG assessments: EcoVadis, ISS, S&P Global Corporate Sustainability Assessment (CSA) for the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI), and CDP.
- Assists the team with other ESG assessments including Ethisphere’s World’s Most Ethical Companies.
- Owns annual CSR report which will include SASB and TCFD reports.
- Leads the communication, implementation, management and coordination of climate strategy initiatives that align with company sustainability goals to address needs and maximize company recognition.
- Owns climate change roadmap and tracks GHG emissions with internal stakeholders.
- Represents the CSR team as SME on compliance training workgroup. Updates the CSR compliance training annually and works with each manufacturing site to obtain contractor information and ensure all in-scope third party contractors are assigned all required courses.
- Manages CSR policy/document update process annually or as needed. (i.e. rare earth elements statement, human rights policy, slavery & human trafficking, social responsibility statement, climate change policy, customer inquiry letter).
- Owns external assurance of environmental data.
- Spearhead CDP assessments – water security and climate change.
- Prepares Supplier Conformance letter for suppliers and obtain signatures from senior management team.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Sustainability, Corporate Social Responsibility, or Environmental Sciences
- Certified CC-P preferred
- 10+ years of related experience
- Familiar with sustainability trends and competitors’ benchmark
- Familiarity with ESG assessments
- Familiar with environmental sustainability
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communicator with strong attention-to-detail
- Ability to work independently and also a strong collaborator
- Previous experience working across teams/functions
onsemi (Nasdaq: ON) is driving disruptive innovations to help build a better future. With a continued focus on the automotive and industrial end-markets, onsemi is accelerating change and driving disruptive innovation towards a sustainable ecosystem in high-growth megatrends such as vehicle electrification, advanced safety, alternative energy and factory automation. With a highly differentiated and innovative product portfolio, onsemi creates intelligent power and sensing technologies that solve the world’s most complex challenges and leads the way in creating a safer, cleaner, and smarter world. Today, the industrial and automotive end-markets are responsible for two-thirds of global greenhouse gas emissions, providing an immense opportunity for onsemi to do its part in achieving a net-zero economy with its intelligent power and sensing technologies. Climate change presents not only a risk to the environment, but also opportunities for innovative business solutions, and onsemi is committed to applying its research and design expertise and adapting its own operations to achieve net-zero emissions by 2040.
Equal Employment Opportunity onsemi is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. The Company maintains policies and practices that are designed to prevent discrimination or harassment against any qualified applicant or employee to the extent prohibited by federal, state and local laws and regulations. By way of example, discrimination on the basis of race (actual or perceived), ethnicity, color, religion (including any terms or conditions that would require a person to violate or forgo a sincerely held practice of their religion, unless it causes a bona fide undue hardship on the conduct of business), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information (including test results), status as a protected veteran, uniform service member status or discharge status, political affiliation, union membership, gender identity or gender expression, certain arrest or criminal history records, homelessness, use of lawful products outside of work during nonworking hours, protective order status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law is prohibited.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact US.HR@onsemi.com for assistance.
Job posted: 2022-01-11