Senior Manager or Director, Communications
A disruption to a critical financial or energy sector function could impact our economy or even our national security. Interested in using your skills and experience to help protect our nation’s most critical infrastructure? Join our team.
About the ARC
The Analysis and Resilience Center (ARC) for Systemic Risk is a non-profit, cross-sector organization designed to mitigate systemic risk to the nation’s most critical infrastructure from existing and emerging threats. Not your normal non-profit, we are a fast paced, technology savvy, forward leaning organization that facilitates collaboration between our critical infrastructure private sector member companies, the U.S. Government, and other key sector partners in a controlled environment where participants can securely collaborate. Together, we conduct analysis of critical systems, assets, and functions; monitor and warn against threats to those systems, assets, and functions; and develop measures to make them more resilient.
Our members are the largest owners and operators of the nation’s most critical financial and energy sector infrastructure. In the future, membership will be expanded to other owners and operators of critical infrastructure entities designated as critical to the country’s national security.
The Senior Manager or Director of Communications will lead the development and execution of internal and external communications strategies to engage and inform our members, increase awareness of the ARC among key stakeholders, and enhance employee engagement. Position title is dependent upon experience and reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Develop and execute an annual internal communications strategy to support engaged and informed members and employees, to include:
- Coordinating with the Membership Engagement Director to develop communications channels and tactics to ensure members’ awareness and support of ARC activities/events.
- Developing communications channels and tactics to ensure employees’ awareness of ARC news, activities, and events.
- Planning and executing monthly Town Halls for ARC staff and other in person and virtual employee engagement activities, to include employee offsites, happy hours, and holiday parties.
Develop and execute an annual external communications strategy to enhance awareness of the ARC’s mission and activities to key stakeholders, to include:
- Ensuring ARC website content is up to date and determine areas for future expansion.
- Developing standard language/talking points about the ARC to be used across all external facing ARC platforms and products.
- Drafting OpEds and press releases and coordinating with PR firm for distribution and placement.
- Coordinating with PR firm to respond to media inquiries.
- Determining speaking engagement opportunities for Executive Team and opportunities for proactive media engagement.
- Developing and maintaining ARC marketing collateral and external presentations.
Review and edit all products and presentations produced by ARC Risk and Intelligence teams intended for external distribution.
Provide support for executive communications, to include:
- Coordinating with CEO and Executive Team to develop presentations and supporting materials for ARC Board meetings.
- Drafting ARC executive communications.
Coordinate with graphic design firm to ensure ARC Risk and Intelligence teams have graphic design support for products and activities.
Maintain ARC Style Guide and slide templates and ensure correct branding of all ARC products.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience Needed to Excel in this Role
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- External and internal communications experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience creating executive-level presentations
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate as part of a team
- Self-starter, ability to anticipate needs and take initiative
- Fast learner who is flexible and adaptable
- Diplomacy, tact, and discretion
- 8+ years of experience in Strategic, External and/or Internal Communications.
- Current or previous financial services sector or energy sector experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications or a related field or equivalent relevant experience.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-15