Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager/Director, Marketing and Communications
About the job
The Surety and Fidelity Association of America (SFAA) is seeking to hire a Senior Manager/Director, Marketing and Communications. This position reports to the Vice President Strategic Communications, Marketing & Research.
Come join our team and make an impact at SFAA! We are an exciting trade association whose member organizations consist of all the top surety and fidelity companies including Zurich, Travelers, Liberty Mutual Group, CNA, The Hartford, Markel, Arch, Nationwide, Chubb, IAT, Merchants Bonding Company, and many others!
SFAA is a nonprofit, nonpartisan trade association based in Washington D.C. that represents all segments of the surety and fidelity industry. We promote the value of surety and fidelity bonding and its vital protections, through advocacy, outreach, promotion and education. With these bonding protections in place, businesses are able to grow and flourish, critical infrastructure developments are successfully carried through to completion, and companies are protected from wrongful acts of their employees – all of which positively support the economy.
We are looking for a Senior Manager/Director of Marketing & Communications to help us promote the value of bonding and its vital protections! The ideal candidate should have: 5 to 7 years of experience in a marketing and communications role in a trade association, insurance or financial, or comparable business role is required. Hands-on experience developing and implementing traditional and web-based marketing, communications, and public relations to both internal (SFAA focused) and external (industry-focused) audiences. Development and publication of content including web-based material for SFAA, social, traditional and grassroots are essential. Individuals must be a self-starter and be able to work in a faced paced exciting environment. Individuals must work closely with state and federal affairs and policy teams to develop and execute effective communication programs in support of defined legislative and regulatory goals. Excellent project management, writing skills, self-management, and teamwork are essential to this.
Marketing & Communications
- Provide ongoing strategic planning, project leadership and management with the Vice President Strategic Communications, Marketing and Research as assigned.
- Work closely with state and federal affairs, policy, research and education teams to develop and execute effective communication programs in support of defined goals.
- Staff the Diversity and Human Resource Advisory Committee (DHRAC) and SFAA Foundation, and collaborate closely with member representatives on the program of work for each
- Manage both copy and graphic elements of www.surety.org, and other SFAA publications. Coordinate consultant and internal SFAA departments to develop communication programs to promote the industry, SFAA, and SMEs at SFAA.
- Work closely with Coordinator, Marketing and Communications to define workflows and support tactics for both internal (departmental) and external (members) clients.
- Manage SFAA’s internal and external branding and public image. Oversee all SFAA activities as they relate to the organization’s public profile.
- Co-Manage SFAA’s social media presence with the Marketing Coordinator; monitor industry websites, and other industry-related social media; search for relevant and applicable content on the web to be placed on surety.org.
- Write web copy and other promotional content, as assigned.
- Conduct online and other necessary research for articles and press releases.
- Proofread for errors in content, spelling, punctuation, and syntax, as well as layout designs.
- Assist in the preparation and implementation of other Association programs, projects, and meetings as needed.
- Provides a variety of supportive services as directed by Senior Staff personnel.
- Be knowledgeable of SFAA’s mission and goals and promote these to members and other associations and organizations.
- Attend various SFAA-sponsored meetings and other events as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong writing skills
- Strong project management
- Advance knowledge of personal computers.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning, records management, research and general administration.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees, and public.
- Must be proficient in graphic, online, and word processing software packages on a Windows or MAC environment
- Attention to detail and skilled at follow-through
- BA/BS degree.
- Experience in marketing, public relations, publications, social media, and communications field.
- Excellent writing and editing skills; extensive proofing/copy-editing experience.
- Knowledge of web-based writing and posting skills.
- Limited travel to SFAA functions in the greater District of Columbia area.
- Washington D.C. (hybrid) or U.S. (remote)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
SFAA is committed to fostering an environment where all employees contribute to their fullest potential. It recognizes that its employees must learn to value and manage diversity if SFAA is to remain viable in an ever-changing business world. Our commitment to learning and to valuing differences supports our objective to manage effectively the process of change as we work to constantly improve the products and services we provide our business partners. SFAA complies fully with all federal, state and local equal opportunity laws
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Job posted: 2022-05-03