Senior Manager/Director, State and Local Government Affairs
The Senior Manager/Director of State and Local Government Affairs will develop and manage Autodesk’s strategic engagements with public policy leaders in key U.S. state and local governments – with a focus on San Francisco, Portland and Denver – to enhance the company’s reputation, enable business operations, and expand business opportunities. This position will develop a state and local government affairs program, develop and lead internal groups from across functions within Autodesk, and communicate with internal and external stakeholders. It will establish and manage high-level relationships with leaders in state and local government, community organizations, and non-profit groups, among others. This position also will lead public policy research, analysis and advocacy on select issues in business-significant state and local jurisdictions, and will support the Government Affairs team’s policy advocacy in the US and globally.
This position will be within the Legal Department Government Affairs team but will interact extensively with Autodesk executives and other teams across the company. The position requires knowledge of and experience in state or local government, politics and public policy. A successful candidate will enjoy interpersonal relations, working in cross-functional teams, mastering a broad range of tasks and issues, and working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Develop and manage strategic programs to build Autodesk’s reputation, relationships and partnerships with key state and local officials, especially in locations with substantial Autodesk facilities and employees. This will include outreach to public officials in San Francisco, Boston, Portland and Denver, including officials representing these jurisdictions in state capitols and in Congress
- Advise and support Autodesk senior executives’ engagements with government officials, with a focus on state and local officials
- Establish relationships with San Francisco business partners, advocacy groups, non-profit organizations, city and regional trade associations, political entities, and other local stakeholders
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams within Autodesk to support business objectives and operations in localities with substantial company facilities
- Recruit and manage government affairs and public affairs consultants retained to support the government affairs program
- Identify and analyze state and local public policy issues that could materially affect the company and create strategies to improve potential outcomes
- Support the Government Affairs team’s advocacy on select U.S. federal and global public policy issues
- Develop and execute programs to bring government officials worldwide to Autodesk’s San Francisco facilities, manage their experiences at the facilities in close coordination with Gallery staff and other colleagues, and ensure that their visits create maximum value for the company and the guests
- Manage a state and local government affairs budget
- Support political law and other compliance programs to ensure the highest ethical standards are maintained in all state and local government affairs programs
- BA or BS degree
- 8+ years of work experience in state or local government, public policy, and/or in a corporate government affairs function
- Strong analytical, writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, define priorities and measure results
- Capable of working in a highly matrixed environment with a broad range of professionals and leading peers on collaborative projects
- Ability to work comfortably and authoritatively with senior executives and public officials
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
With Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It’s disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone – from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-12