Senior Manager, Employee Communications
Requisition Number R0039961Subsidiary eBay
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows you to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. You’ll be part of a work culture that’s been genuinely committed to diversity and inclusion since its founding more than 20 years ago. Here, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people across the globe. We are looking for people with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you!
About the team:
We play an instrumental role in connecting people with the things they need and love, anytime, anywhere. The Americas help deliver a personalized shopping experience and seamless access to inventory from down the street and around the world, as well as tailored shopping experiences, including customized buying and selling. eBay aims to drive growth into new markets and drive value in the shopping and selling experience through “building, accelerating, and disrupting.” The team is comprised of marketing, merchandising, operations, business selling, consumer selling, and shipping. Our responsibilities include all aspects of the region including operations in the US, Canada and Latin America.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
This critical communications business partner role is dedicated to driving compelling employee communications and cultural change at one of the world’s iconic brands. Partnered directly with senior leaders in our Global Operations organization, the person in this role will develop and deliver global communication strategies and plans in support of thousands of eBay employees. Their focus will be on our Customer Experience and WorkPlace Planning organizations.
The role requires a communicator who is committed to high quality and innovation. Someone who loves the challenge of capturing a leader’s voice, creative storytelling and working in a fast-moving, highly-collaborative environment.
This is a hands-on role where you will be both conceiving the strategy and delivering many tactical elements in support of your strategy. Examples of day-to-day work include writing, producing and editing written and video communication for a range of channels, producing global all hands events – both in person and virtually, and developing the communication cadence.
This role can be based in either Austin, Texas or Salt Lake City, Utah. And, the person in this role will join the Global Customer Experience Communications team. While the Global Customer Experience organization will be the primary partner, there will be close collaboration and partnership with HR, Brand, Marketing, Global Communications and others to deliver on strategic objectives and initiatives.
- Develop and implement global employee communications and engagement in support of business strategy and priorities – including executive communications and employee programs and events.
- Drive employee business strategy understanding, inspiration and connection to leaders, our unifying purpose and our cultural values.
- Create compelling content (written, video, presentations) for executives.
- Align communications strategy, plans and activities to the company’s big picture to ensure leaders are speaking with one voice.
- Provide strategic communications expertise, counsel and support.
- Build on the established cadence for these teams; innovate and take current work to the next level.
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to cut through with a succinct, modern communication style.
- Tech savvy. Keen understanding of cutting-edge communication channels and methodology.
- Strong visual, digital and social storytelling and engagement experience.
- Sophisticated organizational and cultural change management experience.
- Practiced capacity to manage complex projects with multiple partners navigating conflict and developing consensus.
- Bring a business outcomes mindset to communications work.
- Passion for improving and sustaining employee engagement.
- Proven track record to work with partners at all levels.
- Experience leading and participating in project teams in a matrixed environment without direct reports.
- Active user of eBay products.
- Highly proficient user of PowerPoint.
10+ years of employee communications, leadership communications experience with senior executives – preferably in a global organization within the retail, internet or technology sectors. Bachelor’s required – preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field.
Benefits are an essential part of your total compensation for the work you do every day. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, eBay offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs. Including maternal & paternal leave, paid sabbatical, and plans to help ensure your financial security today and in the years ahead because we know feeling financially secure during your working years and through retirement is important.
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-31