Senior Manager EU Public Affairs
Danfoss is a world-leader in energy efficiency, employing more than 27,000 employees and serving customers in more than 100 countries. We are a privately held engineering company with a proud history of innovation dating back to 1933. Danfoss’ overall ambition is to engineer cities and communities that achieve more by using less energy.
Take charge as our new Head of EU Public Affairs and lead the representation of Danfoss across our businesses in the Brussels context. With your proven track record in advocacy and stakeholder management in the climate and energy field, you are eager to represent a global industrial player.
As a communication all-rounder with a strong network and excellent stakeholder management skills, you make sure to represent Danfoss, offline and online, towards a range of partners, such as MPs and Commission members, as well as trade associations and other relevant bodies. Your tasks also include working with national governments and cities on the implementation of relevant EU directives, namely EPBD and EED. At the same time, you excel at internal communication, where you bring information back to inform management decisions. You are fluent in translating policy into business language to make it relevant for your business partners in clear briefings, presentations or webinars.
- Monitor political and legislative developments and provide regular reporting to Danfoss HQ, including on technical issues; policy areas include energy and climate policy, buildings, energy efficiency, electrification, product policy such as eco-design and energy labelling, retail market, smart appliances, heating and cooling, refrigerants, trade issues, standardization, etc.
- Interact internally to disseminate information and contribute to the assessment of the impact of EU legislation on the Danfoss Group’s strategy and lead the drafting of the Group’s policy positions or background documents
- Contribute to the shaping of Danfoss’ advocacy plans in close coordination with the segment public affairs teams and advocate the company’s position towards policy makers
- Establish and maintain an active network of contacts with policy makers and relevant stakeholders
- Take part in the daily tasks of the office including by providing administrative support where needed
Your ideal background
You have a proven track record of 6-10 years, ideally in a global organization or consultancy, giving you the business acumen to advise senior leaders. Experience from within the fields of sustainability, energy or work with international organizations are a plus.
- A Master’s degree in communication, economics, engineering or law
- Experience in energy, engineering and industry matters (working experience in the EU institutions is a plus)
- Excellent communication, networking and drafting skills
- Team player with a strong service mindset
- Great command of English at negotiating level any other European languages are beneficial
Your extraordinary drive and energy ensures that you are always ahead of the curve. You are a team player, proactive with strong interpersonal and collaborative skills. You think strategically, but are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and create written materials on a daily basis. The right candidate will have both analytical and strategic skills, whilst also having the ability and interest in using these skills hands on.
Our office in Brussels is located in Rue Jacques de Lalaing, Brussels, Belgium.
Please include in your application your CV, your salary expectations and your earliest start date.
Please apply at your earliest convenience. We do not have an application deadline but accept applications as long as the job is posted.The position will be closed down once we have found the right candidate.
Watch how Danfoss is Engineering tomorrow, here.
Job posted: 2018-12-12