Senior Manager, Executive Communications
Eaton’s Corporate division is currently seeking a Senior Manager, Executive Communications to join our team.
The Senior Manager, Executive Communications is responsible for:
The development of company-wide strategic communication plans and will manage content for the company’s internal communication channels. The role is a key member of our media and issues response team and a company spokesperson. The position reports to the vice president, Corporate Communications. In this role, you will collaborate with C-Level leaders to create or ghostwrite compelling communications that capture their authentic leadership style and voice. The person filling the role should be passionate about writing, strategic communications, and making the world a better place. This role is a key business partner to the company’s global Human Resources, Ethics, Inclusion and Diversity functions, and will be the champion of our public relations and thought leadership activities related to Eaton’s culture and mission.
In this role you will:
- Develop and implement strategic communication plans that increase employee engagement, facilitate change, raise awareness of Eaton, and support Eaton’s culture journey, vision, aspirational goals and leadership attributes. Report on results of key efforts and campaigns.
- Advise partners in the development of engaging and meaningful content. Oversee and participate in the preparation of compelling content for speeches, letters, talking points, articles, blogs, presentations, listicles, fact sheets, infographics, videos, news releases, briefing materials, podcasts, webpages, holding statements and Q&A documents.
- Ensure content shared on internal channels is appropriate, properly branded, contains messaging tailored for the audience and channel as part of our communications strategy. Partner with Corporate Marketing Communications as needed to support content development, posting and monitoring of appropriate social media channels.
- Research and develop key themes and narratives for top executives.
- Coach leaders and communicators across the organization on effective writing, content creation, and effective communication strategies.
- Proactively identify potential workforce issues and develop and implement strategies for managing them. Counsel business units on managing employee-related communications issues. Manage communications & change management activities associated with the HR function. Lead member of the team on employee-related issues management/crisis communications response activities. Manage Corporate Event Response Team.
- Coordinate executive media relations activities including message training and spokesperson preparation.
- Promote Eaton as a great place to work through impactful public relations activities and serves as a key spokesperson for the company. Partner with the Marketing Communications team on external campaigns related to Eaton overall.
- Effectively manage partner relationships with external vendors, evaluates vendors and negotiates contracts to meet profit plan and provide cost out when possible.
- Set company-wide communications policies & practices; ensure adherence to communications policies, philosophies and processes. Define processes for standard work in the function. Transfer best practices across the enterprise.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 10 years of experience writing or in Journalism, Communications, Marketing Communications, Public Relations or Public Affairs role with demonstrated experience in executive communications coaching, and speech writing
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of 50 miles will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or Public Relations preferred
- Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years’ experience with executive ghostwriting: letters, videos, scripts, speeches, blogs
- Minimum 6 years’ experience writing & interacting with senior executives
Position Success Criteria :
- Excellent writing, editing and storytelling skills
- Ability to convert complex information into compelling content
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong work ethic with high standards and the ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team
- High energy and enthusiasm to pro-actively seek opportunities for continuous improvement and collaboration within the communications function
- Competence in project management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-30