Senior Manager, Executive Communications
Santa Clara, CA
Description and Requirements
From core to cloud to edge, BMC delivers the software and services that enable over 10,000 global customers, including 84% of the Forbes Global 100, to thrive in their ongoing evolution to an Autonomous Digital Enterprise.
The Senior Manager, Executive Communications is a new role based in our Santa Clara offices within the Brand Communications and Engagement team, and plays a critical role in helping to establish the Executive Communications function for BMC.
You are known for understanding and building programs to support corporate and product narratives through executive voices. You will work very closely with the VP, Communications to support BMC CEO Communications and work with team members to support activities for the Chief Technology Officer and the Chief Product Officer. You are expected to know the business – or learn it quickly! – to work with members of our executive team. And most of all, you’ll be a great fit with the existing team who work with immense integrity, collaborate seamlessly, and always think about what will benefit our customers and partners most.
- Partner with VP of Corporate Communications for planning and execution of CEO Communications
- Manage day to day communications needs including preparation, staffing, and follow ups of internal and external meetings, briefings, interviews for CEO
- Track and manage executive activities via SmartSheet shared calendar
- Ensure regular updates to messaging and positioning documents, one-pagers, and executive summaries
- Ongoing refinement of strategy and programming for social and owned media for CEO, CTO, CPO in collaboration with VP Comms, Social Media Strategist, PR and Content teams
- Support media programming for BMC CEO, CTO, and CPO in collaboration with the BMC External Communications team, supporting PR agency, and Industry Analyst Relations team
- Ad-hoc project ownership with clear definition of objectives and outcomes tracking to positively impact BMC’s reputation and business
Skill Set Required:
- Creative and organized marketing and communications professional
- Well-rounded experience across a variety of functions with strong business acumen and knowledge of financial communications
- Experience in developing and delivering integrated programming to address company reputation, corporate programming, and executive voices
- Balance of strategic vision with tactical execution – you know how to develop and set a communications strategy, and how to get it done
- Expertise in program management to ensure that plans are socialized, adhered to, and measured against
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, manage multiple projects at a time, and deliver quality work under pressure
- Possess executive influence – you are a trusted partner and will need to provide counsel and guidance to the top leaders in the company
- Find clarity in ambiguity – you know what needs to be done and how communications can have a positive impact
- High level of ownership and committed to achieving measurable results
- Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal
- Be flexible, adapt to change quickly, and be a positive change agent for others
- Bachelors degree required
- 8+ years of relevant experience
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors. BMC never asks for payment from individuals seeking employment with the company.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, visit the accommodation request page.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-11