Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, External Affairs
Our vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life for all.
Micron Technology is a world leader in innovating memory and storage solutions that accelerate the transformation of information into intelligence, inspiring the world to learn, communicate and advance faster than ever.
This position will sit onsite in downtown Syracuse, NY.
The Senior Manager of External Affairs will align with the Head of US Government Affairs to implement Micron’s community and government affairs strategy in New York.
The Senior Manager will develop and lead community relationships to support the company’s commitments to government and community partners.
In this cross-functional role, you will engage and partner with local, regional, and some federal government entities to find new ways to encourage community action.
- Engage and generate public support for relevant issues, lobbying for policy changes through appropriate channels, and maintaining current knowledge of government changes and actions with local, state and federal governments.
- Build strategy and assist in developing content for internal and external partners to drive awareness and favorability around key areas for community engagement and incentive procurement, relationship development and policy advocacy, impact, education, and driving positive outcomes.
- Lead Micron’s partnership strategy with government and policy organizations and respond to major public policy issues having an effect on people, business, & community.
- Continue to expand Micron’s brand in the policy and political community to include all appropriate outreach programs, civic event sponsorships, political fundraising events, third-party groups, and partnerships.
- Ensure measurable and effective outcomes of the advocacy strategy through brand establishing relationship management
- Strategically engage and deploy internal and external resources in partnership with Micron’s Government & Public Affairs team.
Qualifications & Skills:
- At Least 10 years of relevant work in government, public and community affairs
- Knowledge regarding the intersection between community, public policy, brand, reputation, mission and how to drive growth for a business.
- Comprehensive understanding of the legislative process, as well as experience monitoring, researching, and analyzing legislation.
- Proven track record of optimally interacting with diverse collaborators, including executives, researchers, public officials, and community organizations.
- Experience leading community engagement campaigns in political environments for a global company, trade association, and/or within a government role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build and maintain relationships with appropriate internal and external parties, conflict resolution skills.
- Experience with third party groups, content development, economic development incentives, social impact, ESG, sustainability, reputation, trust, security, and working with governments collaborators.
- A detailed understanding of state and local government including the interaction with workforce development, education, national security, manufacturing, and technology collaborators.
- Highly developed ability to comprehend, and predict, critical issues and trends, distill them to their meaningful aspects, formulate an appropriate response and communicate strategies to all levels within Micron senior management team and within appropriate government constituencies.
Education and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree or a Juris Doctor is helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Government or Public Affairs
The US base salary range that Micron Technology estimates it could pay for this full-time position is:
$130,000.00 – $227,000.00
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries of the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional job-related factors, including knowledge, skills, experience, tenure and relevant education or training. The pay scale is subject to change depending on business needs. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additional compensation may include benefits, discretionary bonuses and equity.
As a world leader in the semiconductor industry, Micron is dedicated to your personal wellbeing and professional growth. Micron benefits are designed to help you stay well, provide peace of mind and help you prepare for the future. We offer a choice of medical, dental and vision plans in all locations enabling team members to select the plans that best meet their family healthcare needs and budget. Micron also provides benefit programs that help protect your income if you are unable to work due to illness or injury, and paid family leave. Additionally, Micron benefits include a robust paid time-off program and paid holidays. For additional information regarding the Benefit programs available, please see the Benefits Guide posted on micron.com/careers/benefits.
Micron is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
To learn more about Micron, please visit micron.com/careers
US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s People Organization at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-336-8918 (select option #3)
Micron Prohibits the use of child labor and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other international and industry labor standards.
Micron does not charge candidates any recruitment fees or unlawfully collect any other payment from candidates as consideration for their employment with Micron.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-10