Senior Manager of External Relations
Senior Manager, External Relations
The Senior Manager, External Relations, is responsible for managing community affairs and policy communications for Amazon, with a focus on developing a positive partnership with local stakeholders and community groups.
This successful candidate will be a primary point of contact for a range of external stakeholders seeking information or opportunities to work with Amazon on its investment in corporate offices across North America. This includes building strong, collaborative partnerships with community groups in and around our headquarters locations and regional corporate offices and tech hubs. S/he will have the ability to listen to, relate to and earn the trust of a broad array of external parties. This will require either existing relationships or passion for developing community relationships.
The role works closely with teams across the company, including senior leadership, global real estate, human resources, corporate affairs, corporate social responsibility and several fast growing business within Amazon to support the company’s regional investment.
– Establish local community affairs in cities where Amazon has corporate offices and collaboratively foster positive partnerships with local community groups.
– Help identify and deliver community sponsorship, investment and donations programs.
– Manage select local reactive PR issues in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
– Deliver strategic counsel to internal executives.
– Track and measure impact of communications activities.
– Minimum of 10 years of community affairs and communications experience.
– Expertise navigating community affairs, government relations and media relations.
– Excellent written, listening and oral communications skills.
– Self-starter with strong bias for action who is comfortable working autonomously.
– Excellent judgement in high profile, high-pressure environments.
– Creative thinker who is excited about building and delivering big ideas.
– A team player who is willing to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
– Bachelor’s degree.
– Track record of proven work with community groups, elected officials and/or nonprofits.
– Executive communication experience.
– Internal communications experience.
– High business acuteness.
– Ability to grasp detailed policy issues.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-29