American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
Do you desire to promote infrastructure as a key priority at the federal level?
The DC-based government relations team for the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Federal Government Relations, representing ASCE on all legislative and regulatory matters pertaining to transportation issues.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, politically savvy person to join our team of professionals who are increasing awareness concerning our aging infrastructure and what it means for our nation’s economic growth.
- Maintaining direct contact with Members of Congress, their staff, officials of federal agencies, members and staff of allied organizations and other members of the Washington policy community
- Working with coalitions on specific infrastructure issues
- Providing technical analysis and writing reports to support the association’s government relations and advocacy activities, especially those relating to the Infrastructure Report Card
- Preparing documents submitted to Congress and federal agencies, including testimony, letters, talking points, and regulatory comments
- Insuring the effective operation of ASCE’s policy development process and programs; including all national policy committees, and all policy documents and publications
- Working with the team to help promote the 2017 Report Card for America’s Infrastructure.
- Serving as Staff Contact to ASCE’s Transportation Policy Committee.
- Providing staff support to ASCE’s Public Policy Committee
- Monitoring Congressional actions and forecasts emerging issues
- Managing and coordinating ASCE’s participation in related coalitions
- Drafting content for newsletter, blog, and website on relevant legislative activity and policies
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, public affairs, policy or related discipline preferred
- 3-5 years of related policy or legislative experience
- Understanding of the public policy process at the federal level
- Demonstrated success supporting multiple managers and deadlines
- Experience in a congressional, lobbying, association, or professional society a plus
The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) is a global nonprofit professional membership association dedicated to the advancement of the civil engineering profession in order to serve the public good.
To accomplish ASCE’s mission, ASCE staff works together as a team, based on a foundation of trust, striving for individual and organizational excellence. To achieve our shared goals, we maintain a relentless focus on members and a commitment to continuously grow and improve individually and collectively.
Submissions of interest without resume and cover letter will not be considered.
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 31, 2017