Senior Manager, Fulbright Communications (Assistant Director) – (3125)
IIE administers the Fulbright Student and Scholar Programs through cooperative agreements with the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). A member of IIE’s Fulbright Outreach and Recruitment leadership team, the Senior Manager, Fulbright Communications will work closely with IIE and ECA leadership on the development and implementation of a strategic communications plan that seeks to grow our network and expand engagement with diverse audiences through social media, advertising, media outreach, website content, video, blogs, and external partnerships. The Senior Manager, Communications reports to the Head of Outreach and Recruitment and manages a team of three team members.
- Designs and implements a robust multi-channel communications strategy aimed at raising program awareness and prestige; highlighting Fulbright impacts on individuals, institutions, the U.S., and bilateral relations, that utilizes Fulbright social media accounts, websites, earned and paid media, and video.
- Oversees the formulation of press releases promoting Fulbright events and milestones and responds to press inquiries. Primary point of contact with media.
- Monitors, analyzes, and reports on the impact of the communications and social media strategy, in an effort to optimize impact and performance.
- Trains and manages team to produce high quality program deliverables with measurable impacts for both the sponsor and IIE; accountable for team deliverables.
- Conducts the procurement, contracting, and oversight of communications, website, video and graphic design vendors to assist with meeting deliverables
- Ensures all contract deliverables are submitted on‐time and in compliance with sponsor requirements. Ensures service providers meet their contractual obligation to deliver quality services.
- Responsible for complying with applicable contract and sponsor requirements and following all IIE policies and procedures.
- Responsible for program budgeting and oversight.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least five years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 + years of relevant experience preferred.
- Must have proven experience with the design, development, and delivery of communications strategies aligned with sponsor/stakeholder needs from various sectors, such as academic, professional, corporate, government, NGO, etc.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and external contacts is required along with possessing an innate sensitivity to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, to clearly and effectively convey information to individuals or groups of people at all levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and the ability to think and act proactively. Must have strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Must have demonstrated graphic design sensibility; familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and other design tools preferred.
- Must possess an in‐depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective audiences
- Experience working with the U.S. higher education community preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, and persuade on matters that are highly complex and sensitive in nature; Proven ability to manage complex programs.
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards, systems and guidelines for selection processes and services.
- Proven ability to manage, motivate, and develop high-functioning teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-06