Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Senior Manager, Global Communications
Who We Are:
Since 1906, New Balance has empowered people through sport and craftsmanship to create positive change in communities around the world. We innovate fearlessly, guided by our core values and driven by the belief that conventions were meant to be challenged. We foster a culture in which every associate feels welcomed and respected, where leaders and creatives are inspired to shape the world of tomorrow by taking bold action today. At New Balance, We Got Now.
The Senior Manager of Global Communications will co-shape future strategies and plans across Earned Media, Energy Marketing, Influencer and Entertainment programs. As a cross-functional leader with limited manager support, you will collaborate with international and regional marketing teams to execute strategies and plans to grow New Balance’s global reach and maintain its relevance. You will lead a nimble team to bring forth the oneNB mindset. At times, you will serve as proxy for the Global Director of Communications to internally communicate strategies, plans, and impact.
- Bring forth innovative, long-term strategic thinking, seasonal strategies, and compelling concepts that align with and support brand and product campaigns
- Leverage best-in-class technology, tools, and resources to measure, track, and interpret data that will drive the strategic direction
- Generate creative earned media programming, drawing on experience, cross-functional teams, and agency partners
- Operationalize how NB brings to life “Fearlessly Independent since 1906”
- Establish strong relationships with Product team leadership, Sports Marketing organization, and key NB athletes and ambassadors
- Partner with other senior communications leaders to ensure mechanisms created with other functions support consistency and clarity around strategy and impact
- Manage the team’s connectivity with regional leads with an exquisite attention to detail and interest in cultures
- Develop and support direct reports while contributing to a collaborative, risk-taking atmosphere
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- 12-15+ years of experience in PR, Earned Media, Communications, and/or Brand Marketing
- Proven experience in agency or in-house working with global consumer brands
- Footwear, fashion, apparel, or athletic industry experience a plus
- Proven track record of leading a global team to execute major brand or product moments and experiential events
- Experience delivering significant earned exposure through creative angles and/or experiences with true media potential
- Strong understanding of the media landscape with demonstrated results placing brand stories
- Ability to build consumer communications with sensitivities to corporate priorities, such as sustainability, ESG themes, and DE&I.
- Must haves: understanding of consumer-led brand PR and digital communications, seeding/showrooms, product media placements, celebrity and/or influencer engagements, global strategy and local activation
Our products are only as good as the people we hire, so we make sure to hire the best and treat them accordingly. New Balance offers a comprehensive traditional benefits package including three options for medical insurance as well as dental, vision, life insurance and 401K. We also proudly offer a slate of more nontraditional perks – opportunities like online learning and development courses, tuition reimbursement, $100 monthly student loan support and various mentorship programs – that encourage our associates to grow personally as they develop professionally. You’ll also enjoy a yearly $1,000 lifestyle reimbursement, 4 weeks of vacations, 12 holidays and generous parental leave, because work-life balance is more than just a buzzword – it’s part of our culture.
Flexible Work Schedule:
New Balance is committed to creating a culture that allows our associates to do their best work. Our corporate work-from-home policy does not mandate an arbitrary number of days in-office. Instead, we’ve designed a flexible hybrid model that empowers individual teams by letting the type of work dictate where it will most effectively be performed. We are capitalizing on this unique opportunity to evolve how we work based on efficiency, productivity, and the well-being of our associates.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.
Job posted: 2022-05-10