Senior Manager, Global Health Policy (Janssen LATAM)
Requisition ID: 1777190410
The World- Wide Government Affairs & Policy of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Senior Manager, Global Health Policy, for the Janssen Latin American region. The position will be based either in Washington, DC or in Miami, FL and will require 30%-50% of travel, domestically and internationally.
The Senior Manager, Global Health Policy (Janssen LATAM), will report to the Senior Director Healthcare Systems (LATAM) and Global Public Health. You will be a member of the Emerging Markets Policy Team and the GA&P Latin America Team, participating in all relevant steering calls, meetings and activities.
This position will work closely with the Janssen organization, with the local Government Affairs organization and with business partners in Access and Health Economics, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs and Communications in the region.
- Serves as the focal point for a proactive approach to pharmaceutical policy development for the region, working with regional and global teams, advocacy and business partners.
- Responsible for the development of policy positions, background documents and policy analysis based on in-depth research on topics of relevance for the organization.
- Represents Janssen Latin America, on the Global Health Policy team, Councils and other collaborative groups as needed, providing a regional perspective on global policy issues and identifying issues from the region having global implications.
- Works closely with local GA&P (in country) as a policy resource on matters impacting our pharmaceutical business for in-country policy issues.
- Supports above-country strategy on matters related to international and regional stakeholders such as: Mercosur, Unasur, Pacific Alliance, OECD and PAHO.
- Supports above country advocacy efforts and strategy on bi-lateral (US-LATAM) issues pertaining to market access barriers.
- Represents Janssen Latin America in public policy forums on issues of interest and before government officials.
- Represents Janssen Latin America in trade organizations such as PhRMA and FIFARMA and leads industry working groups on matters of relevance to the organization.
- Supports the external affairs function/activities for Janssen in LATAM in close collaboration with the Business, Public Affairs, Legal and Regulatory Policy.
- Stays abreast of emerging policy issues of importance to Janssen globally and in the LA region and serves as an information resource to advocacy and business colleagues.
- Develops jointly with the Emerging Markets Team, the Global Health Policy Team, Regional GA&P and Regional Janssen business partners, the policy priorities for Janssen in Latin America.
- Conducts or leads research and assessment of critical policy issues.
- Actively partners in implementation efforts to achieve policy changes in the Latin America region.
- Implements global policy initiatives, as appropriate, in partnership with regional GA&P advocacy and Janssen business colleagues.
- Team leadership and collaboration, policy analysis, creative thinking, strategic outlook.
- Knowledge of government issues and processes, legal and policy frameworks and concepts is preferred.
- Deep understanding of key countries’ issues within the region is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Masters or advanced degree preferred
- 5 + years’ experience in Government Affairs, External Affairs, Policy or Public Affairs functions is required.
- 3 years minimum of experience working in the pharmaceutical or medical devices sector is required.
- Experience working in the LATAM geography preferred.
- Fluent in English is required.
- Advanced writing skills in English is required
- Proficiency in Spanish is required.
- Proficiency in Portuguese is desired.
- This role will require will require 30%-50% of travel, domestically and internationally.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-04-27