Senior Manager, Global Platform Communications, Endomechanical & Energy (Ethicon)
Ethicon, as part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Global Platform Communications, preferably based in Raritan, NJ or Cincinnati, Ohio, or potentially remote within the US .Ethicon, part of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 100 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world’s most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon’s surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact.
This role supports the overall global Communications function on behalf of the global Endomechanical & Energy businesses of Ethicon. This includes building a deep understanding of the business, market opportunities and therapeutic area to inform the development and implementation of an integrated global strategic communications plan in support of business objectives.
This role will serve as a valued counselor to the worldwide platform leaders and their respective global commercial and NA regional teams. You will work in close collaboration with functional colleagues around the world across the Endomechanical & Energy businesses, MD global communications, J&J Medical Devices, and Johnson & Johnson in addition to partners in Investor Relations, Marketing, Human Resources, Legal, Regulatory, Compliance, Finance, Supply Chain, and more.
This individual must be comfortable working in dynamic, fast-paced environments with multiple internal and external stakeholders to consider. A successful candidate will also demonstrate strong executive presence and the ability to thoughtfully advise top executives, comfortably providing alternative points of view. The position will independently lead project teams of agency professionals on both an ongoing and as needed basis.
- Support communication function for global Ethicon Endomechanical & Energy businesses, working in close collaboration with franchise, Medical Devices, and overall J&J communications partners.
- Support the development global external strategies and tactics aligned to Franchise priorities and integrated into regional / priority country plans
- Serve as a day-to-day communications counselor and function liaison for Endomechanical & Energy leaders. Implements strategy aligned to business objectives and measures progress and impact.
- Increase positive share of voice and enhance reputation with key stakeholders on behalf of platform through execution of integrated strategic communications plan, including:
- Lead engagement plan and thought leadership opportunities and platforms (i.e. LinkedIn, Industry Meetings, Community and Giving Events).
- Responsible for establishing and executing global content calendar, including direct-to-consumer and direct-to-customer campaigns, spanning across earned and paid targeted print, broadcast, online, and social media channels (in conjunction with social media core team).
- Act as media spokesperson on behalf of business, as required, and prepare official company statements and spokespeople for media interviews.
- Build excitement for global innovation story for platform, working in collaboration with R&D communications team members through:
- Identify and develop narratives to engage and inspire cross-functional teams & liaise with enterprise partners to amplify
- Surround-sound global communications to internal and external stakeholders to ensure understanding of our science and pipeline.
- Sharing information on key data and pipeline milestones via publications and global medical meetings.
- In conjunction with marketing, elevate patient stories and storytelling opportunities to bring platform narrative and product launches to life.
- Drive uptake for new product launches through:
- Surround-sound communications plan and global playbooks to reach all stakeholders with key messages on product.
- Develop and execute platform new product introductions, medical evidence and Innovation communications
- Drive consumer and professional educational campaigns around disease states or new product features or enhancements, as required, in partnership with marketing.
- Drive platform employee alignment, engagement, and inspiration through initiatives including partnering with Employee Engagement Leader to develop and contribute platform voice to internal communication initiatives to achieve business objectives.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in communications is required.
- Experience managing global communications efforts is required.
- Ability to measure business impact for public relations programs is required.
- Ability to manage agency partners and oversee budget is required.
- Experience managing multiple priorities in fast-paced, matrixed environment is required.
- Experience with both external, commercially-driven communications (i.e. media relations, product communications, branding) is required.
- Experience with internal communications (i.e. employee engagement, executive communications) is preferred.
- Current or previous experience working in highly-regulated environment and a demonstrated understanding of regional health authorities is preferred.
- Current or previous experience in healthcare is preferred.
- This position may require up to 10-20% domestic and international travel.Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-17