senior manager, Global Public Policy
Now Brewing – senior manager, public policy! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only
celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
This job contributes to Starbucks success by supporting the development, analysis, and management of public policy initiatives and activities. Assists in policy analysis for a set of key issues and in informing direction for the Company’s public policy and government relations objectives, community engagement, and policy interests. This position manages the interpretation and analysis of key public policy issues that support company operations, allow the company to execute against its priorities and helps to fulfill Starbucks mission and values. Models and acts in accordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
As a senior manager, public policy, you will…
- Support the development and analysis of policy strategies to drive Starbucks agenda, working to design policy positions and strategies that support business objectives and Starbucks mission and values
- Manage complex analysis and interpretation of key legislative and regulatory issues including, sustainability, energy, tax, and food and beverage, among others from the local to federal level to support business decisions
- Support production of the Company’s annual social impact report, ESG reporting, programs, and process in collaboration with internal partners
- Aid the business in compliance with local regulatory issues
- Conduct research including external benchmarking and utilizing data-driven tools and resources to guide innovative approaches to complex issues
- Understand and navigate the intricacies of the business, communities Starbucks serves, government, and non-profit interests
- Actively provide regular analysis and interpretation to internal partners on key legislative issues and developments to maximize the effectiveness of the Company’s government affairs and social impact interests
- Lead policy reporting and forecasting on key Starbucks initiatives and policy issues of importance
- Establish and maintain relationships across the Company to appropriately communicate policy and regulation that may impact the Company’s ability to execute business operations and Company mission and values
- Work within the Starbucks Global Social Impact and Public Policy team members to inform public policy strategy
- Develop relationships with policy influencers and stakeholders to promote and collaborate on policy issues
- Educate and drive policy and regulatory outcomes externally that support the Company’s mission & values
- Maintain a high-level of business acumen to assist the company’s response to a range of externalities affecting the company’s brand reputation and leadership position
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Practiced facilitator with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills. Knowledge and experience in working with policymakers and influencers. Public policy experience preferred. Ability to work well independently and with others. Self-starter with excellent judgement and high integrity. Skilled in use and business computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills: At least 5+ years diversified experience in public policy, preferably in government or corporate environment
Join us and be part of something bigger. Apply today!
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 2021-03-08