Senior Manager, Global Public Relations and Social Media, Curio
Who we are:
After 30 years as the most loved baby lifestyle brand, Munchkin is launching a new adult brand, Curio. With modern and cutting-edge design, Curio will appeal to trend seekers who thrive discovering new intuitive designs and appreciate form, function and fashion. At Munchkin, we make world class, award-winning products. This is an opportunity to join one of the most exciting and innovative consumer product companies in America.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate storyteller with proven innovative brand communication and social media skills to be a critical member of a small team who will build a new brand line for adults from the ground up.
Working with the Chief Brand Officer and an outside agency, the Senior Manager of Global Public Relations and Social Media, Curio will refine and execute strategies to develop public relations and social media strategies for our new adult line of products (Curio) while supporting communication and marketing efforts for Munchkin.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic PR and experiential marketing programs that enhance customer loyalty via digital channels with the goal of increasing brand awareness that is critical for a new brand launch
- Develop and vet opportunities for on-brand partnerships & collaborations (ongoing and project-based).
- Manage PR agency and serve as the day-to-day contact for all incoming PR requests
- Proactively develop new ideas and opportunities to promote the Curio brand and tell its story
- Identify and apply for relevant industry awards
- Create high quality, persuasive, and strategic presentations for an audience that includes inspiring PR campaigns that create curiosity and move the needle
- Work with CBO, Sr Manager of PR / Munchkin, and agency on all initiatives, including CSR.
- Lead the overall strategy and management of the Curio social media platforms globally
- Expand social media reach, maintain favorable consumer sentiment, and engage with Curio communities
- Responsible for posting and management of all Curio US social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) on a daily basis
- Plan, post and monitor social media content as needed as well as work closely with agency, Brand Design and marketing teams to support campaigns
- Manage social media content as needed and work closely with agency, Brand Design and marketing teams to support campaigns
- Oversee community management, including moderating support for social media initiatives, and scheduling content. Develop, implement, and manage innovative ideas/promotions to drive greater relevance, engagement, and grow external social media communities
- Stay current with social media trends and incorporate, as appropriate, to improve the customer experience, drive sales, and leverage ongoing customer involvement
Bloggers and Advocate Network
- Along with agency, manage all outreach to blogger community, establishing relationships to give Munchkin and Curio a competitive advantage in blogger recommendations and advocacy
- Establish and maintain a group of Curio advocates who provide product feedback and generate online reviews
- Partner with E-Commerce team to assist with community outreach and engagement via Munchkin’s E-Commerce website
- Working under the direction of the CBO, manage external agencies to assist in PR and Social Media activities. Support decisions with ROI based analysis and KPI tracking
- Work in collaboration with other team members and agency partners to ensure initiatives have 360-degree support and alignment across all channels
- Other duties may be assigned
Requirements: Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in managing/launching complex integrated marketing and communications programs for a new brand in a fast paced, high volume, Marketing and/or PR/Communications function for a consumer-focused organization. Consumer product industry experience is a must
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience building and leading powerful team and demonstrated skill in managing people
- Must have CPG in-house experience experiencing a new brand launch
- Experience running Social and PR as a business and driving against measurable KPIs impactful to the business through development of innovative PR and Social Media strategies
- Global experience is highly preferred
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-04