Senior Manager, Government Affairs
The Global Business Alliance (formerly known as the Organization for International Investment) is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated professional with a strong interest and background in congressional engagement to help manage its proactive advocacy agenda. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of External Affairs, the Senior Manager of Government Affairs will be responsible for executing a variety of initiatives, including GBA’s strategic external affairs programming, congressional coalition and caucus engagement, gubernatorial townhall series, business association outreach and think-tank collaboration.
The Global Business Alliance is the premier voice of international companies in the United States. Our members are international companies with major operations in the United States and an indispensable part of our nation’s economic success. Our mission is to actively promote and defend an open economy that welcomes international companies to invest in America.
- Represent GBA and its members in meetings and events with federal policymakers, both within Congress and the Administration
- Execute a robust cadence of educational briefings for federal and state policymakers
- Coordinate with GBA members to advance our advocacy efforts
- Manage the Alliance’s ongoing gubernatorial townhall series
- Develop opportunities for GBA to collaborate with other leading business associations
- A minimum of three years working for a Member of Congress as a legislative assistant, communications director/press secretary, or an equivalent political campaign position
- Demonstrable experience in leading a political grassroots, fundraising or campaign initiative
- Excellent writing and communication skills, with exacting attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Proactive organizational skills, with excellent follow-through and a positive attitude in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Mastery of the legislative process
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in economics, political science, journalism or related fields
Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please state: “Senior Manager, Government Affairs.”
This position is temporarily remote with a plan to remain virtual-only through the first half of 2021.
Job posted: 2020-12-14