Senior Manager, Government Affairs
Who we are
Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com is on track to become the world’s first commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism and small satellite launch services with a longer-term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen – apply today!
Virgin Galactic is seeking a new member for our team to serve as Senior Manager of Government Affairs. If you join us in this position, you will lead legislative work for the company. This role is for a hands-on person with great attention to detail and excellent people skills. This is a full-time position in Washington, D.C. Our Senior Manager of Government Affairs will work in our dynamic and fast-paced D.C. office. You will have a keen understanding of the stakeholders in Congress for our industry and a thorough understanding of the legislative process. This is a role for a person who is constantly learning new things – and actively working with our team mates on the west coast.
Oversee and manage Federal and State legislation workflow.
- Support the VP of Government Affairs through Congressional engagement and the Federal legislation process
- Manage effective communications with U.S. Government stakeholders
- Organize and direct high-level U.S. Government meetings with Congressional offices
- Develop and lead company Congressional strategy
Track and manage State government legislation in California and New Mexico
- Track legislative sessions and policies of interest within local government
- Support communications with local government stakeholders
Support U.S. Government Business strategy
- Support the VP of Government Affairs for U.S. Government Business Development efforts
- Track and support programs of interest within the U.S. Government
What you bring
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- A minimum of 6 years of experience working with the U.S. Government, ideally within the DoD, NASA, Intelligence, or other applicable government agencies
- Knowledge of the legislative process
- Strong communication background
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Driven, highly motivated, and committed to improvement
- Must be able to occasionally travel
- Ability to effectively manage a team
- To confirm to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR§120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The Virgin Galactic organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door,” be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Learn more here
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Job posted: 2021-01-26