Senior Manager, Government Affairs
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there’s opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop Cruise’s legislative, regulatory, and political strategy in new and emerging U.S. markets
- Support Cruise’s policy strategy with state and local regulatory agencies
- Represent Cruise in all interactions with electeds, government and agency officials and staff, including providing testimony in legislative and regulatory hearings
- Work cross-functionally with Cruise senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Cruise’s operations and business interests
- Work closely with Cruise’s Operations, Legal, Business, and Communications teams on developing market strategy
- Manage external policy consultants
- Collaborate with GM public policy and legal teams on info gathering, strategy, and government relations
- Develop, in conjunction with Director of Legal and Regulatory Policy, briefings and recommendations regarding pending legislation and government developments affecting Cruise
- Develop and advocate for policies that support the growth and public acceptance of autonomous vehicles, electric vehicles, and other emerging businesses derived from the introduction of AVs.
What you must have:
- BA/BS required
- 8+ years of relevant experience with – and keen working understanding of – the US state and local policymaking process and government relations
- Experience issue spotting, researching, and identifying complex policy issues and opportunities, and writing recommendations for future policy considerations
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain relationships with government officials
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changes in priorities and remain productive while handling multiple assignments under pressure and meeting rigid deadlines
- Experience identifying and understanding key technical aspects pertaining to corporate operations in state and/or local political environments, understanding business implications, and synthesizing information for internal and external customers
- Demonstrated work experience with companies, consultancies, trade associations, governmental agencies, or equivalent organization
- Ability to maintain the highest personal levels of ethical conduct, confidentiality, and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to define a path forward and work with a substantial amount of ambiguity and changing, often short, timelines
- Significant domestic travel
- Law Degree preferred but not required
- Experience working in a nascent industry with similar regulatory landscape
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Learn more here
ENTER JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
Job posted: 2021-02-03