senior manager, government affairs, Global Public Policy
Now Brewing – senior manager, government affairs, Global Public Policy! #tobeapartner
- Establish and maintain relationships with key community and government stakeholders in the pacific northwest region to promote Starbucks mission and values and enhance leadership.
- Work with the public policy and government affairs team to create consistent and cohesive policy positions on a host of issues affecting Starbucks including public safety, sustainability, packaging, labor, tax, food and beverage regulation, data privacy, land use, and a range of other issues affecting the company’s business operations.
- Collaborate with the Starbucks Global Social Impact and Public Policy (GSIPP) team to inform public policy strategies and positions for Starbucks.
- Respond to inquiries from local and state governmental officials and community leaders as needed.
- Understand and navigate the intricacies of the business, community, associations, local government, law enforcement, and non-profits interests.
- Represent Starbucks at local and regional civic meetings and events
- Develop and maintain internal relationships with Starbucks functional and regional operations teams.
- Work together with internal teams on outreach events, public affairs opportunities, and other engagement opportunities.
- Aid the business in compliance with local regulatory issues in the pacific northwest region.
We’d love to hear from people with:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in political science, public policy, communications or a related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Practiced facilitator with excellent interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and experience working with policymakers and influencers.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Self-starter with excellent judgement and high integrity.
- Skilled in use and business computer applications (e.g. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Years of experience in specific field or utilizing designated skills: At least 3+ years diversified experience in public policy, preferably in government or corporate environment
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Job posted: 2020-04-29