Senior Manager of Government Affairs (Healthcare)
SmithBucklin, a 100 percent employee-owned association management company, is looking for a Senior Manager of Government Affairs (Healthcare) to join the Government Relations team in our Washington D.C. office.
In order to positively impact laws, regulations, policies and other decisions regarding their industries or professions, organizations leverage the proven advocacy track record and expertise of SmithBucklin’s subject-matter experts, lobbying professionals and chief staff executives. The Senior Manager ofGovernment Affairs (Healthcare) will support healthcare association clients and lead several advocacy teams focused on provider issues. Responsibilities include leading the advocacy efforts of various healthcare industry sectors, managing government relations committees and developing and executing legislative and regulatory strategies. The position requires the ability to work independently on advocacy issues, become subject matter expertise quickly and engage team members to facilitate successful results.
What You Will Do
- Research, analyze and summarize legislative and regulatory issues impacting the client associations
- Represent client associations in industry coalitions
- Research and develop data to support advocacy efforts
- Support association leaders
- Manage grassroots activities
- Provide primary staff support to association committees, leading committees and volunteers towards strategic goals and measureable outcomes
- Regularly communicate with association leaders
- Develop and coordinate updates and messages to association members
- Oversee and coordinate Capitol Hill and agency visits by members of client associations
- Produce regular advocacy updates for client associations newsletters, publications, and websites
This Role Might Be for You If…
- You have expertise in healthcare policy and advocacy
- You have an understanding of reimbursement issues and Medicare
- You display strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customer service
- You have strong analytical, writing and verbal communication skills
- You are proficient in time management and organization, and exhibit a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in policy or regulatory development on Capitol Hill, within an agency, or association government relations work
- Experience with and interest in a wide variety of healthcare policy issues
- Proficiency with basic computer programming, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Where Do You Fit?
Whether you are just beginning your career or are a mid- or senior-level professional, working at SmithBucklin will offer you countless opportunities to develop transferrable skills, acquire meaningful knowledge and gain rich experiences at an accelerated pace. By working collaboratively with smart, ambitious, multi-talented, genuine and hardworking colleagues, you will build meaningful, deep and enduring relationships that will serve you well throughout your career, regardless of your chosen path. In addition, as a 100 percent employee-owned company, SmithBucklin offers all of our people – regardless of position or compensation – an equal chance to experience the fulfillment and reap the benefits of ownership. As owners, our employees control the destiny of SmithBucklin and are unified in the goal of building a great, enduring company.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At SmithBucklin, Equal Employment Opportunity is our commitment and goal. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law. Applicants are encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a reference and background investigation based on position.
Job posted: 2018-12-06