Senior Manager, Government Affairs/Public Policy, Regulatory Affairs
- Experience working in a regulatory function of government or close interaction with regulatory agencies.
- Relevant experience working with government, think tanks, public interest groups, technology industry groups or corporations on challenges related to technology policy concerns or regulatory frameworks.
- J.D. or equivalent Legal qualification, Master’s of Public Policy, or advanced degree relevant to online information issues.
- Experience working with/in government, NGOs, and corporate public policy teams, international regulatory issues.
- Knowledge of: international, European and local regulatory frameworks for online privacy/security, consumer protection, data governance, Internet technologies and the impacting policy environments.
- Has government relations, personal, analytical/research, and organizational skills.
- Ability to integrate public policy with business strategy/planning, develop/implement ideas, manage multiple projects within deadlines in a fast paced environment, communicate effectively, identify/gather insights, communicate technology policy issues.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you will be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and rigor with the organizational skills to manage campaigns, projects and initiatives. You’ll advocate for Google externally, and bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You will focus on regulatory impact assessment, interpretation, and implementation working externally and internally.
In this role you will develop, organize, manage, and communicate critical plans, initiatives, and strategy. You’ll provide project management to support key strategic and operational priorities of Google and the policy organization.
Externally, you’ll identify opportunities and manage efforts to challenge agendas with policymakers and key opinion formers inside and outside government. Technology moves quickly, so it’s important that we work closely with politicians, regulators, academics, and third parties around the challenges that affect the Internet and our users.
Internally, you will collaborate with cross-functional leads in Product Management, Engineering, Legal, Trust and Safety, PR, and Marketing to advance Google’s public policy and business objectives. In addition, you will help advise our internal teams on the public policy implications of products and decisions, working with a closely coordinated and cross-functional global team.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and teams to assess the impact on business planning and product development (both opportunities and challenges) from proposed or imminent regulatory developments.
- Develop, coordinate and help execute cross-functional support for proactive advocacy strategies that address emerging regulatory initiatives in the dynamic environment surrounding new Internet technologies, and that express a constructive public narrative of Google’s activities,
- Support global teams that work with trade associations, industry partners, non-profit groups, and other allies to help shape a positive policy and regulatory environment for Google’s products and services and that maintains a user-focused and open online environment.
- Engage with policymakers, regulators, industry players and key thought leaders to shape policy and political dialogue around thoughtful, responsible and socially beneficial use of internet-based innovation and AI.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2019-09-19