Senior Manager, Government & Nonprofit – Drive
About the Team
DoorDash Drive is DoorDash’s white-label fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers, retailers and merchants across the United States, Canada, and Australia. The Government & Nonprofit team is our newest business unit, serving governments and nonprofits in their support of their clients and constituents with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
Through DoorDash and the Drive platform, we believe the Government & Nonprofit team has the potential to build last-mile logistics solutions to increase and streamline the distribution of needed resources, foster more direct, responsive constituent connection online and offline, and provide best-in-class fulfillment solutions for state and local governments and leading nonprofits globally.
About the Role
We’re looking for someone to take on end-to-end leadership of the growth of this new business unit in collaboration with our Policy and Social Impact team, and lead a high-performance team of operators. You will help set a long-term course for this effort and scale it against audacious goals in the years ahead. In doing so, you will help transform the way that governments and non-profits service their constituents, impacting millions of people in communities around the world.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Steer the development, adoption and scaling of the Government & Nonprofit vertical.
- Alongside the Director, Government & Nonprofit, set a course to achieve P&L outcomes, OKRs and KPIs for DoorDash’s Government & Nonprofit partners.
- Partner with our Policy team to build relationships with senior government and nonprofit leaders to build solutions that embed DoorDash as a mission-critical function in their communities.
- Work closely with our Public Policy and Communications teams to ensure alignment with our mission, values, and strategic goals.
- Identify new opportunities that expand our service offering and addressable market.
- Work with collaborators across DoorDash to align companywide resources to help build out our Government and Nonprofit business from early stage to scale.
We’re excited about you because you…
- Have 8+ years of cross-functional operational experience.
- Are a self-starter looking to make an impact who is energized by a difficult problem .
- Move quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Are entrepreneurial, comfortable with ambiguity and rapid change, and love turning unstructured problems into a well-defined plan.
- Aren’t afraid of failure, and have demonstrated success in the face of roadblocks.
- Display a high degree of ownership for projects.
- Can be scrappy to hack solutions with limited resources.
- Use data to solve problems and inform tough business decisions.
- Have prior public service and/or nonprofit experience (preferred).
- Have Logistics, Product Management, Business Development and/or Partnerships experience.
- Have outstanding analytical and presentation skills, and are comfortable pulling data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do — on every project, every day.
- We are learners – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-01-30