Senior Manager Government and Public Affairs
Are you a dynamic and high-performing public policy professional who wants to bring your expertise to this fantastic short term opportunity?
This is an eight month maternity coverage that provides an opportunity to bring your policy and public affairs expertise to the LEGO Group and help drive political engagement, public affairs advocacy and thought leadership on children’s privacy, brand protection and market access.
As part of the GPA Americas team, you’ll be able to bring your creativity and political acumen to shape the company agenda amongst key partners and political institutions.
• Monitor, analyze and engage on key legislative and policy priorities, specifically children’s privacy, digital engagement, connected products and intellectual property.
• Drive collaboration with internal functions, GPA workgroups and programs to maintain accurate and effective advocacy and policy positions.
• Engage directly or through associations and organizations with state and federal regulatory agencies to advance company priorities. Handle and fully utilize partnerships, associations and coalitions to maximize impact.
• Lead execution of a policy impact initiative on children’s privacy with 3rd party partner including delivery of white-paper, infographics and communication campaign.
• Engage in market access projects to ensure commercial momentum.
• Foster strong relationships with the right partners within the political and regulatory community, civil society and our business partners.
Play your part in our team succeeding!
Government and Public Affairs (GPA) is a global team of public policy professionals and subject matter specialists who support the LEGO Group’s mission to inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow. We do this by enabling the LEGO Group and LEGO branded entities to thrive and grow through strategic engagement with governments and related partners; growing market opportunities, protecting our business from political and legislative risk, and enhancing our reputation.
This team focuses on issues across North and South America specifically related to business priorities and our responsibility agenda. The team delivers impact through driving market specific plans in the region to enable operating stability, market access and to identify new opportunities for the Americas commercial team, LEGO Education and LEGO Foundation in collaboration with other relevant functions.
We’re looking for new talent! Do you have what it takes?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with a passion for the brand and strong aim to engage with internal and external partners to help shape and achieve our strategic objectives across the United States.
• You have experience with the core responsibilities noted above.
• You have high integrity and will always do what’s right for the company and our primary focus: children.
• You are a self-starter, who can work independently and has strong prioritization skills.
• You have strong project management skills and can execute complex policy initiatives.
• You have a background or strong interest in data privacy, technology, intellectual property.
The right candidate also has:
• A Masters or Bachelor’s degree in public policy, government affairs, law or related subject areas.
• At least 5 years’ experience in driving government and public affairs programs within global organizations or government institutions
• Experience working in or with association and organizations
• Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills
• Ability to travel (once permitted) and open to remote work location (preferably in New England)
Join the global LEGO® family
Children are our role models. Their curiosity, creativity and imagination inspire everything we do. We strive to create a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive culture of play at the LEGO Group, where everyone feels safe, valued and they belong.
The LEGO Group is proud to be an equal opportunity and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We support our employees in being there for the moments that matter in life and celebrate families of all kinds, the loved ones that make us who we are. Being part of the LEGO Group also means taking part in our annual Play Day, playing a part in building a sustainable future and continuing our mission to “inspire and develop the builders of tomorrow.”
Build your career brick by brick at the LEGO Group.
“As a government and public affairs professional, you will have a unique opportunity to share a story that is founded in the value of our family ownership and our commitment to making a positive impact on the world our children will inherit. Our reputation and dedicated efforts distinguish us in the industry and enhances our ability to shape the policy landscape”.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-03