Senior Manager, Government Relations
Opportunity at a Glance
Adtalem Global Education seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Manager, Government Relations to serve as a key member of the Government Relations team to increase Adtalem’s presence and voice with federal and state governments and other relevant industry stakeholders. Works with colleagues across business verticals and functions to execute Adtalem’s legislative strategy and policy goals, formulates advocacy strategies and promotes federal and state priorities with policymakers. Reporting to the Director, Government Relations – Federal and State, the Sr. Manager builds and maintains significant relationships with a myriad of stakeholders, lobbies federal and state lawmakers, drives PAC strategy and executes Adtalem’s government relations agenda.
This position is remote and based in Washington, D.C.
- Manages relations with and directly lobbies Congressional and Executive Branch officials and state officials by strengthening existing relationships and growing new ones and developing strategies for engagement.
- Works with Director to formulate and guide execution of strategies and tactics to advance legislative priorities; drafting, editing and analyzing legislative language; researching and drafting informational materials, comments, statements related to policy issues; maintaining deep knowledge of relevant legislative initiatives and policy developments on our issues; and ensuring compliance with lobbying disclosure, ethics and related rules.
- Collaborates with the GR team to enhance Adtalem’s role and presence in the federal and state policy processes, including the development of federal legislation, regulation or administrative guidance.
- Manages the external state consultants to drive company’s legislative agenda and strategy; assists in ensuring external federal consultants’ deliverables are met.
- Maintains superior knowledge of Adtalem’s business unit operations, leaders, product portfolio and pipeline, and industry trends to drive engagement on federal and state issues.
- Monitors and reports legislative and other actions that could impact Adtalem and its institutions and companies and work with internal subject matter experts for analyses; work with external stakeholders to build brand and reputation.
- Manages Federal PAC tracking and reporting including the development and execution of an annual PAC strategy and budget, identification of opportunities to promote the PAC and quarterly federal Lobbying Disclosure Act (LDA) and bi-yearly LD-203 Political Contributions reporting.
- Represents Adtalem in legislative engagement activities and PAC activities and events.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in public policy, communications, political science, or a related field.
- Minimum of seven years related experience in government relations and federal and state policymaking; lobbying experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to build relationships with legislative offices and strategic partners; skilled at establishing and cultivating strong, long-term relationships.
- Must have strong analytical and legislative/statutory research skills.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and ability to problem solve and exercise judgment under a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and project management skills with ability to maintain accuracy in preparing and displaying information; provide superior proof-reading expertise to GR team.
- Possess a keen attention to detail and accuracy in a fast-moving and challenging political and policy environment, with international dimension.
- Highly resourceful team player prioritizing conflicting needs; handling matters expeditiously, proactively; and follows through on projects to successful completion while meeting deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and desire to produce an exceptional product and commitment to organizational excellence.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the organization.
- Experience utilizing online advocacy tools and databases. PAC experience strongly desired.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.
Who We Are
At Adtalem Global Education, we seek to empower students and members to achieve their goals, find success and make inspiring contributions to our global community. Adtalem is a leading workforce solutions provider that partners with organizations to proactively address future workforce needs and empowers career development with access to world-class academic curriculums, certifications and training programs across the medical and healthcare and financial services industries.
Adtalem institutions and companies include: American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists, Becker Professional Education, Chamberlain University, EduPristine, OnCourse Learning, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. (NYSE: ATGE; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) For more information, please visit adtalem.com.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We pride ourselves in nurturing a culture that encourages everyone to bring their full selves to work each day. To us, diversity and inclusion needs to be intentional to be impactful. We don’t just welcome differences, we celebrate them. #WeAreAdtalem
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, click here to visit our Diversity page.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-06